Hotfixes crashing the installation

Ephilei

One, possibly more, Windows hotfixes are causing my Windows nLite installation to fail. The DOS segment (partition & file copy) goes fine but as soon as the GUI segment starts, it says "Startup is restarting........" and reboots into a loop. I haven't narrowed down the exact villain(s) as that would take MANY trial and errors. My gut is that a windows media player update is one, but not the only problem. Any tips?

Well, first read the sign with BIG RED letters. Attach your LastSession.ini so we can see what you did with nLite and tell you what went wrong. Second, use a virtual machine to test your CDs; make an ISO with nLite and see how it goes. There more than one free VMs, like VirtualBox and VirtualPC.

This is from Program Files\nLite\Presets\Last Session.ini. I hope thats the right one. I didn't before because the Red Letters refer to removing components and I didn't remove any components.

I am using a virtual machine for testing, but it's still time intensive to test every one.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it

Last Session.ini

Edited by Ephilei

C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser\Desktop\nlite\add-ons\ENTRIES_Foxit.ini

Are you sure you integrated the whole add-on, since it shouldn't be unpacked.

Also, does your PC have SATA hard disks? Because if it does, you will need to integrate a SATA driver.

C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser\Desktop\nlite\add-ons\ENTRIES_Foxit.ini

Are you sure you integrated the whole add-on, since it shouldn't be unpacked.

I don't know what you mean by that. But this addon isn't the problem; the installation crashed before I added it and the installation works fine with this addon minus the hotfixes.

Also, does your PC have SATA hard disks? Because if it does, you will need to integrate a SATA driver.

Dunno. I've only used this in VirtualBox so far. I believe VirtualBox uses PATA.

That's right, you can't test SATA drivers in a virtual machine, but you may still need them for your PC. Open Device Manager and search for SATA/AHCI/RAID controllers. User Fernando 1 has a sticky topic on how to correctly integrate those drivers in nLite.

As for the problem, try to avoid Desktop as a working folder. Instead, create a folder in C:, for e.g. C:\addons and integrate them from there.

try to avoid Desktop as a working folder. Instead, create a folder in C:, for e.g. C:\addons and integrate them from there.

Thanks. Out of curiosity, why does it matter what folder? Permissions?