Win 7 64 bit sound issue

Jim624

Just did a clean install of Win 7 64 bit on my system....everything is working fine except for the sound. The drivers are installed, Dev manager says the device is working properly. But there is NO sound at all... I have checked and rechecked...and yes my speakers are are on, and turned up.....tried plugging headphones in....still no sound. When I try to do a test tone I get the message "No Tone"......I even tried cueing up a song and it showed that it was playing on the monitor in the app and the equalizer was jumping up and down., but NOTHING came out of the speakers.....the speakers are good...I checked them also. I have checked all over Dell's web site (absolutely no help from that angle).. and the Creative Soundblaster site.... I do have the latest drivers. I am really, really stumped.

Is there anything "older" than the latest drivers on the website? In my case, I can't use Realtek drivers newer than R2.29 (R2.43 is the latest). It accepts the installation, but it just doesn't work, similar to yours.

I know it's not the simplest solution, like making sure that the jacks are in the correct place, but it's worth a try.

Is there anything "older" than the latest drivers on the website? In my case, I can't use Realtek drivers newer than R2.29 (R2.43 is the latest). It accepts the installation, but it just doesn't work, similar to yours.

I know it's not the simplest solution, like making sure that the jacks are in the correct place, but it's worth a try.

I already tried several older drivers......same issue however

I already tried several older drivers......same issue however