RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

XP x64 is supported by nLite. Why don't you want to use it?

Zumoc, nLite supports only XP and W2000 and W2003, not Vista (vLite) of W7. I do use nLite for building my XP x64 system, but I am moving to W7. Enjoy, John.

I misunderstood. I mean that you can change xpx64 with nLite but the operating system must always be x64.XPx64 I think that is a good, lightweight operating system. Unfortunately does not fully support the latest DX and for the limit of the ram and this is the only reasons I can not use it.

Edited by Zumoc

When I load previous settings, it is totally random whether the components I chose (and subsequently show checked for removal in the left pane) will actually be removed, as shown later on in the saved lastsession.inf.

First of all, when I lead an .inf, it applies only part of the component removal and feature enabling/disabling in the UI. Afterwards, if I manually correct this for it to resemble the settings as provided by the previously loaded .inf, the end result when applying shows several components not being removed and/or several features not being disabled.

I tried it a couple of times: load a previous session, apply it to a fresh WIM-file and the program will come up with a lastsession.inf with multiple components NOT removed, even though they were explicitly present in the .inf file AND selected in the UI upon loading of that lastsession.inf.

Overall, this makes the program extremely unreliable and not suited for its needs, as with component removal one will always run into problems that require rebuilding an installation with just one or two components less being selected for removal... With this problem, you'll never know what comes out of the process.

Edited by Guillaume

When I load previous settings, it is totally random whether the components I chose (and subsequently show checked for removal in the left pane) will actually be removed, as shown later on in the saved lastsession.inf.

First of all, when I lead an .inf, it applies only part of the component removal and feature enabling/disabling in the UI. Afterwards, if I manually correct this for it to resemble the settings as provided by the previously loaded .inf, the end result when applying shows several components not being removed and/or several features not being disabled.

I tried it a couple of times: load a previous session, apply it to a fresh WIM-file and the program will come up with a lastsession.inf with multiple components NOT removed, even though they were explicitly present in the .inf file AND selected in the UI upon loading of that lastsession.inf.

Overall, this makes the program extremely unreliable and not suited for its needs, as with component removal one will always run into problems that require rebuilding an installation with just one or two components less being selected for removal... With this problem, you'll never know what comes out of the process.

you do realize this is a beta, right???? the next beta release fixes this issue.

I do not understand exactly what you mean but it's just a picture taken from google image. It is not an theme.

BYe

I think I know what he means: when you go to "Personalize" (right-click on desktop) you'll see that all themes are indeed present (if not removed), but their thumbnails/previews are gone:

post-35794-127223493553_thumb.jpg

RT7Lite works a treat so far. Just a quick question. When the apps are installing prior to first login (a la "setupcomplete.cmd") is there any way to remove the rt7lite branding in the title bar? If any one can point me to the resources I can edit them myself.

Thanks.

@Zumoc can you look on your personalize if the theme's are no pictures but the theme exists can you look at it and make screeny thx!

know this issue. it happens when you remove thumbnail something (don't remember exact name, probably cache) under system part of the component's tree.

I just found the following files on my RT7Lited installation of W7 x64 English, while Wordpad & Write were both checked for removal:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows NT\Accessories\WordpadFilter.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows NT\Accessories\en-US\wordpad.exe.mui

Yeah I can run WordPad from there, but I don't want to ;)

Edit

Same happens with MSInfo: while C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\MSInfo is removed, the x86 version (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\MSInfo) is not.

Similarly, Speech Engine for x86 is left behind: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SpeechEngines

All fixed in v1.06