RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Hey guys has anyone of you faced any error like "pilauncher is not installed correctly" I have trimmed my OS with RT7lite and got this error just after I install my OS.

I think the problem is when you have installed RT Se7en Lite the first time and trying to customize your Windows 7.

The name is RT7LitePILaunch.exe and this program is inside %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Rocker Teams\RT 7 Lite (x86)\RT7LitePILaunch.exe

I think it's better to install first WAIK for Windows 7 before using RT Se7en Lite to have an successful installation and customize Windows 7!

*Edit: You can mount your image install.wim customized, and inside the mounted folder you will maybe see:

%Mounted_Folder%\Windows\System32\RT7PILaunch.exe

But I think this program is used to install silently your programs added with RT Se7en Lite and located inside:

%Mounted_Folder%\Windows\setup\scripts\

I already have, mate. I have already WAIK for vista installed in my lappy and as it require wimmount driver so I have also installed wimmount driver separately taken from WAIK for 7.

Ok what if I delete the rt7litePILaunch.exe from the wim itself?

Edited by nice_guy75

I don't understand why you have installed AIK for Vista and not WAIK for Windows 7 needed using RT Se7en Lite?

Its because WAIK for Vista is very fast, I have observed myself, mounting and unmounting take too much time in WAIK for 7 I heard from my friend who are on WAIK for 7 it takes almost 30mins (in some cases) to unmount wim with commit changes and in WAIK for Vista takes at the most 30 to 50 secs.

I see if we customize Windows 7 with RT Se7en Lite, the file RT7LitePILaunch.exe is inside the install.wim Image (%Mount_Folder%\Windows\System32\RT7LitePILaunch.exe),

even if we don't use RT Post Install to install applications silently!

And inside: %Mount_Folder%\ Windows\setup\scripts, a batch file SetupComplete.cmd is created by RT Se7en Lite:

regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\system32\quartz.dll
regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\syswow64\quartz.dll
@echo off
Exit

Maybe the file RT7LiteLaunch.exe is corrupted inside your Windows 7 customized?

Edited by myselfidem

Ok so should I delete the commands from setupcompelete.cmd, I have already deleted the rt7litePILaunch.exe?

Yes, I think you can delete this SetupComplete.cmd!

No I can't as I have removed Mobility center and Ease of Access and setupcomplete.cmd has the commands to remove their shortcuts from accessories. I would not delete setupcomplete.cmd rather I would delete the commands I have mentioned earlier.

Thanks for all your help mate.

but below download link it says bolded: Note: WAIK is needed only for Windows Vista and Server 2008 platform

Like you said, at the download page:

http://www.rt7lite.com/requirements.html

Note: WAIK is needed only for Windows Vista and Server 2008 platform

Edited by myselfidem

I don't understand why you have installed AIK for Vista and not WAIK for Windows 7 needed using RT Se7en Lite?

Its because WAIK for Vista is very fast, I have observed myself, mounting and unmounting take too much time in WAIK for 7 I heard from my friend who are on WAIK for 7 it takes almost 30mins (in some cases) to unmount wim with commit changes and in WAIK for Vista takes at the most 30 to 50 secs.

I have observed no such thing.Seems as fast for me as the Vista version.

got small question

I've read when people customized win7 ISO with RT7 on winXP that installations later fail, so it was said this modifications

must be made on host using win7

but what if I have XP, and put win7 in vmware and edit it in there ?

would It still result in failure or is it ok that way ?

vinifera

Could you create another partition in your hard drive for Windows 7 to be installed? Ii is always recommended to use Windows 7 as a host to run RT 7 Lite. Running Windows 7 in vmware to use RT 7 Lite may work, but introduces additional risk.