RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Does anybody know how to integrate the new Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate? You can find the x64 version here or the x86 version here. I extracted it after download hoping to find a .msu file, but there doesn't appear to be any. Maybe I could use a silent install switch instead - does anybody have an idea what that might be? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot, but Windows are completely validated, in fact I downloaded this update after validation check only.

1) KB958559-(xXX).msu isn't and update for Windows 7 and you can't find this one on Microsoft Update Catalog!

To download the update for Microsoft Virtual PC KB958559-(xXX).msu you need to validate your copy of Windows 7 (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation), even if Windows 7 is already activated!

2) However if you want check if your Windows 7 copy is activated just go to:

Control Panel | System

And you will see Windows is activated and the Microsoft original Logo!

3) Activation and validation are two differents process! And you need a Windows 7 copy activated to validate this one to download softwares or updates Microsoft Genuine Advantage!

Genuine Windows: frequently asked questions

Windows Genuine Advantage on Wikipedia

I think I haven't made myself clear around here. I use a retail windows 7 home prem, which is registered, activated and validated and is rtlited.

I downloaded this update which was last week released by MS and tried it on this windows version. The installation went well, wanted a reboot, but the update couldn't be installed as it is installed after reboot. Windows reverted to earlier state without installation.

This is the reason why I want to know the dependency as I have remove just a few things from this version.

I will try and find out what really is going amiss to keep this update from installation and I will post my details out here.

You can find help about components to keep (dependencies) with rt7lite:

http://www.rtwincust...onents-to-keep/

About Virtual PC informations inside VitualPC_install.msht

Downloading

Download Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode installers from the Windows Virtual PC Web site (http://go.microsoft..../?LinkID=160479).

Windows Virtual PC is not supported in either the beta release or the release candidate of Windows 7.

Note: To use Windows Virtual PC, your processor must support processor virtualization extensions such as Intel VT, AMD-V, or VIA VT.

You might need to enable these processor extensions in the BIOS.

*Edit:

Configure BIOS for Hardware Assisted Virtualization (HAV) PCs

Windows Virtual PC

Support: Requirements

System requirements for Windows Virtual PC

Make sure your PC is ready for Windows Virtual PC before you upgrade. Want to get up and running right away? Buy a new PC with Windows 7 pre-installed to get a fresh start.

• 1 GHz 32-bit / 64-bit processor required
  • Memory (RAM)
    • 2GB memory or higher recommended

[*]Recommended 15 GB hard disk space per virtual Windows environment[*]Supported host operating system:

• Windows 7 Home Basic
    • Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Windows 7 Enterprise
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Note: Windows XP Mode is only available in Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Ultimate.
  • Supported guest operating system:
    • Windows XP
      • Virtual Applications feature is supported only on Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Professional

[*]Windows Vista

• Virtual Applications feature is supported only on Windows Vista Enterprise and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows 7
      • Virtual Applications feature is supported only on Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows XP Mode Image

Edited by myselfidem

Indeed SP1 has officially been released.It has the same hashes as the previously leaked version.Now we really need new RT7L for SP1 please...

The current beta works to integrate the RTM SP1.

i am waiting anxiously to for bensam to release new version. hopefully today

But since the 12th of Nov 2010 Bensam 56 has not released any new versions of his 7lite. Even not one only bug fix has been released. I believe the developement has stopped because Bensam56 is also no more motivated.

I hope that "Blue4603" releases a new version of his 7customizer with "component removal".

But since the 12th of Nov 2010 Bensam 56 has not released any new versions of his 7lite. Even not one only bug fix has been released. I believe the developement has stopped because Bensam56 is also no more motivated.

I hope that "Blue4603" releases a new version of his 7customizer with "component removal".

Bensam56 is working for the new build:

You can read his post here:

post #212 (13 February 2011 )

Edited by myselfidem

here this should answer your question I'm re-working on rt 7 lite from beginning to end of the program to solve all issues.