RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

On my computer Windows 7 64 bit, I've only the values for Windows Updates inside:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update]

And there is no values for Windows Updates inside the registry for Wow6432Node!

You can look inside:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion]

Edited by myselfidem

I have Windows 7 x64 SP1 English. I used RT7Lite 2.6.0 and created a USB stick at the end. But I think I removed 1 component that should never be removed because when the USB stick is inserted the PC will directly boot from USB. No "press a button to start setup" or something similar. This causes Windows Setup to always start from the beginning, thus creates a loop. I'm trying to figure out wich component or setting could have caused this. Ideas appreciated!

Never mind! This also happens with an unmodified image using Windows USB creation Tool so it is not a RT Lite issue.

Completely different issue:

After using RT7Lite 2.6.0 on my Win7 x64 SP1 English MSDN ISO, I install it on a x64 machine.

Installation goes fine but afterwards Internet Explorer is not working because iexplore is missing.Also, I cannot install RT7Lite! I get an error:

"RT Lite x64 cannot be installed on systems with .Net Framework version lower than 3.5".

But I did not remove iexplore or .net! So it seems RT Lite is removing components I did not select for removal..

Lastsession.inf

Edited by ZileXa

Newest version does not work with integrating drivers?, i have tryed wim boot wim image only, and install wim image only, also tryed with force unsigned driver integration for my x64.

It however worked perfect, before this new selection came with boot and wim image thing, in

Completely different issue:

After using RT7Lite 2.6.0 on my Win7 x64 SP1 English MSDN ISO, I install it on a x64 machine.

Installation goes fine but afterwards Internet Explorer is not working because iexplore is missing.Also, I cannot install RT7Lite! I get an error:

"RT Lite x64 cannot be installed on systems with .Net Framework version lower than 3.5".

But I did not remove iexplore or .net! So it seems RT Lite is removing components I did not select for removal..

You have disabled the Features:

[Features]

Internet Explorer=False

NetFx3=False

And I see you have solved this issue:

your post #135

Yes I did thanks. And sorry I have spend 3 fulltime days on this and haven't been faithful to just one topic :blushing:

In a lot of cases I started typing my problem, realized something, did some more testing and understood why it didn't work. Sometimes I did post a message and hours later fixed it myself... if you spend enough time you'll learn a lot!

Will keep the forums more clean next time.

Edited by ZileXa

Can anyone suggest the dependencies for installation of "Windows6.1-KB958559-x64.msu" update of Microsoft Virtual PC on Windows Home Prem x64.

Personnaly I've found that Microsoft Virtual PC is too slow and I prefer Oracle VM VirtualBox.

Even I do not use MS VPC, but it is always better to know the dependencies.

KB958559-(xXX).msu is an update Windows Virtual PC.

Windows XP mode!

You can read the instructions: Installation instructions and Release Notes for Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode

Windows Virtual PC: Documentation and videos

Description of Windows Virtual PC

Windows Virtual PC

Validation Required

*Edit: others infos:

Windows XP Mode & Virtual Pc For Windows 7

Edited by myselfidem

Thanks a lot, but Windows are completely validated, in fact I downloaded this update after validation check only.

1) KB958559-(xXX).msu isn't and update for Windows 7 and you can't find this one on Microsoft Update Catalog!

To download the update for Microsoft Virtual PC KB958559-(xXX).msu you need to validate your copy of Windows 7 (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation), even if Windows 7 is already activated!

2) However if you want check if your Windows 7 copy is activated just go to:

Control Panel | System

And you will see Windows is activated and the Microsoft original Logo!

3) Activation and validation are two differents process! And you need a Windows 7 copy activated to validate this one to download softwares or updates Microsoft Genuine Advantage!

Genuine Windows: frequently asked questions

Windows Genuine Advantage on Wikipedia

Edited by myselfidem