RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

@coucou

When we use RT Se7en Lite, we can keep only one image (install.wim 1 ; Index:1), because there is 5 images inside install.wim for Windows 7 Ultimate!

Tutorials

Step 6: RT Seven Lite now enters to log section once after Apply button was clicked. You can select either Build current image (Deletes all other images in WIM except the one which you are customizing)

or Re-build all the images (It will not delete any other images in WIM). Optimize boot.wim and install.wim will be enabled only if select Advanced preset settings in task section or if select Winsxs for removal.

Now click commit button to start the operation.

However the image boot are kept: boot.wim 1 and boot.wim 2

If you save, for example, only Windows 7 Ultimate (Index:5) the index will be changed as Index:1

That means now if you want mount the image Windows 7 Ultimate (or the image you saved) you need to use this command (new Index:1 and not 5):

Adapt to your needs (x86 or amd64)

@echo off

echo.

"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"C:\Win7\sources\install.wim" /Index:1 /MountDir:"C:\test"

pause

And the new image install.wim 1 will match with boot.wim 2 (with my example).

It's needed to remember this choice when we want "mount" the install.wim file.

And you can see that only one catalog file is kept inside the folder location: C:\Win7\sources\ install_Windows 7 ULTIMATE.clg

I hope that can help you!

*Edit: If you have used a batch file to delete unwanted images boot.wim and install.wim , you will have only: install.wim 1 and boot.wim 1

Edited by myselfidem

Hi all,

Many TNX myselfidem regarding yr explanation for the image indexation :P

@bensam56: May you be kind and reply to my here above post #1455?

BTW, regarding my WPI problem, what if i put a WPI .cmd file in RT7Lite/RunOnce instead Win7\sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd?

Do you think it will solve the forced restart when WPI is launched?

Regards

Hi, I have a problem. I have made my image but I am trying to do an unattended install from a 250 GB USB HDD. I formatted a 10 GB partition, set as active and done the bootsect thing. It boots up fine, but none of the unattended options work! It still asks for license agreement, version select, username creation etc... Why is this happening? When testing the image in vmware the unattended install works fine, I just select partition and it installs everything by itself.

The "USB Bootable" option in RT7lite doesn't work (doesn't detect my hard drive, I guess it is only for USB FLASH drives not HDD, wtf) so I can't use that either. Can someone tell me what the USB Bootable option does so I can do that for my USB-HDD and make the unattended options work? Thanks

Yes I think it's for USB FLASH drive, but you can try with your USB HDD.

It's needed to choose inside the BIOS the boot sequence to boot with USB HDD!

Help about HOW TO :

How to Boot from your USB External Hard Drive

Change the Boot Order in BIOS

DOS USB Drivers

Space for Windows 7 (minimum 16 GB for 32-bits and 20GB for 64-bits):

Windows 7 System Requirements

About "Autounattend.xml" you can customize this one with RT Se7en Lite or with WSIM if you have installed WAIK for Windows 7!

Help about Install Windows from USB

Edited by myselfidem

Hi all,

BTW, regarding my WPI problem, what if i put a WPI .cmd file in RT7Lite/RunOnce instead Win7\sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd?

Regards

You can launch wpi.exe with your "Autounattend.xml" like you can see here (change the path to your needs):

Examples:

[Help] Unattended Seven and WPI (ricktendo64)

With WPI I use WPI.cmd inside:sources\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\WPI.cmd

@ECHO OFF

ECHO.

REM WPI 8.1.0 installs applications

ECHO.

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\sources\install.wim SET CDROM=%%i:

Start %CDROM%\WPI\WPI.exe

EXIT

And inside my "Autounattend.xml" I add:

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<FirstLogonCommands>
<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Order>1</Order>
<Description>Running FirstLog.cmd</Description>
<CommandLine>cmd /C wmic useraccount where "name='myselfidem'" set PasswordExpires=FALSE</CommandLine>
</SynchronousCommand>
<Order>2</Order>
<Description>Windows Post Install Wizard</Description>
<CommandLine>cmd /C start /wait c:\Windows\Setup\scripts\WPI.cmd</CommandLine>
</SynchronousCommand>
</FirstLogonCommands>

About runonce.bat

Reason: RunOnce & RunOnceEx not being executed in Windows 7

Edited by myselfidem

I don't know what's your great confusion here to use.....If you something wants to remove on the left side which is permanently removed if same app found found on the default windows features you have to uncheck that first. Both are linked.

Well, I was (and partially still am) confused because it's not SO obvious. I know it's simple to you, but not to me :P

I mean, when you use the program the first time (or maybe when you simply don't know it too well yet), how are you supposed to know how exactly this works?

How about if you add a simple line of text above the panels saying something like "Right panel works in the same way as Enable/disable Windows features option from Control panel, and if you want to remove something permanently, it must not be ticked on the right panel"? That would clear things perfectly. I mean, even people here gave me various explanations (like having to tick stuff in the right panel first in order to being able to remove it in the left).

Saving last session is working good. Your output will be saved only after every operation completed successfully. It will not save it instantly after you giving the name and path. For drivers, it will take the inf if it's related files found otherwise it will exclude that. Nvidia and AT drivers integration is fixed in upcoming new build. If you select Multiple drivers button, rt 7 lite will search upto the last root folders. Suppose if you select just windows, it will search every inf under that folder. Also it will read the entire inf to locate its related files. I can say...its working good.

Automatic saving of lastsession.inf works and it did before indeed, but that is not what I meant at all.

Maybe I misunderstood, but when when I click on Settings in the main window, untick "Save current settings", which ungreys the "Save as" button, I believe I should be able to select a path where the settings will be saved instead of the default location somewhere inside RT7's folder. It simply does nothing and no matter what I do, the file doesn't appear in the location I specify (after the whole process of course, I don't expect the file to be created straight away /it wouldn't make any sense anyway/). So my conclusion is specifying custom location of the settings doesn't work, unless I am missing something.

As for the integration, let me try to make a few screenshots to show you what I mean.

Firstly, let's say I want to integrate chipset drivers which are located att e:\Install\ovladace\chipset\9.2.0.1015\WIN7\.

On the integration screen I go "Select multiple drivers" and navigate to the folder where they are located.

drivers1.th.png

The problem is that when I press ok, I get blank screen, just like this:

drivers2.th.png

Now the way to go around this is to select the whole 9.2.1015 folder, and finally there is something in the little window!:

drivers3.th.png

Voila! It worked!

drivers4.th.png

This really looks like a bug to me (not quite important, but slightly annoying in my opinion).

By the way, what exactly does "boot WIM image only" mean? Like drivers that will only be used during setup? Or something else?

Anyway, really looking forward to version 1.7.0.

well, if you check the drivers....its ALLinOS driver. So the INF will be found in the parent folder not in sub-folders. If ther is no inf in that folder then you cannot see any drivers to select.

Hi all,

Regards

You can launch wpi.exe with your "Autounattend.xml" like you can see here (change the path to your needs):

Examples:

[Help] Unattended Seven and WPI (ricktendo64)

With WPI I use WPI.cmd inside:sources\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\WPI.cmd

@ECHO OFF

ECHO.

REM WPI 8.1.0 installs applications

ECHO.

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\sources\install.wim SET CDROM=%%i:

Start %CDROM%\WPI\WPI.exe

EXIT

And inside my "Autounattend.xml" I add:

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<FirstLogonCommands>
<Order>1</Order>
<Description>Running FirstLog.cmd</Description>
<CommandLine>cmd /C wmic useraccount where "name='myselfidem'" set PasswordExpires=FALSE</CommandLine>
</SynchronousCommand>
<Order>2</Order>
<Description>Windows Post Install Wizard</Description>
<CommandLine>cmd /C start /wait c:\Windows\Setup\scripts\WPI.cmd</CommandLine>
</SynchronousCommand>
</FirstLogonCommands>

About runonce.bat

Reason: RunOnce & RunOnceEx not being executed in Windows 7

TNX again myselfidem.

Did you tested both "WPI.cmd inside:sources\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\WPI.cmd" and yr WPI special add in "Autounattend.xml" with a Windows 7 integrated and tweaked with RT7LIte and No force restart when WPI is launched?

Regards

TNX again myselfidem.

Did you tested both "WPI.cmd inside:sources\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\WPI.cmd" and yr WPI special add in "Autounattend.xml" with a Windows 7 integrated and tweaked with RT7LIte and No force restart when WPI is launched?

Regards

Hello coucou! Thanks. :rolleyes:

Yes I use RT Se7en Lite but only to integrate updates and make Windows 7 lite (only one image) and I use my own French tweaks.reg (because right click options and some tweaks are only in English) and my "Autounattend.xml" customized like I show you above to launch WPI with WPI.cmd!

And I've already amended my Windows 7 with spwizimg.dll and imageres.dll and others dll customized.

With WPI 8.1.0 I choose to wait 2min before installing all my programs and at last I use a .vbs file to restart the computer!

I don't use No force restart when WPI is launched and I don't use RT Installer to install applications!

All works fine for me!

Edited by myselfidem

[Hello coucou! Thanks. :rolleyes:

Yes I use RT Se7en Lite but only to integrate updates and make Windows 7 lite (only one image) and I use my own French tweaks.reg (because right click options and some tweaks are only in English) and my "Autounattend.xml" customized like I show you above to launch WPI!

And I've already amended my Windows 7 with spwizimg.dll and imageres.dll and others dll customized.

What (spwizimg.dll and imageres.dll and others dll customized) are used for?
With WPI 8.1.0 I choose to wait 2min before installing all my programs and at last I use a .vbs file to restart the computer!
How it looks that .vbs file?
I don't use No force restart when WPI is launched and I don't use RT Installer to install applications!

All works fine for me!

I do NOT USE No force restart when WPI is launched and RT Installer to install applications neither. I think you're confusing.

I'm using RT7Lite to integrate updates, drivers and LangPacks, I use it too to downsizing Windows7 and in fact, i'm using the tweaks especially disabling UAC because i noticed when i tweak it by reg, it's not taked in account.

Now, when everything is integarted I add WPI and softwares, make an ISO and lauch the installation. At about the end of the installation, WPI is launched correctly.

The problem is the Win7 built RTSe7enLite force a restart at the wrong time. The restart should be launched after WPI finishing the software installation.

Furthermore, that what bensam56 well understood and replied in post #1452 "Regarding WPI, you will not get that restart mode in coming new build."

In the meantime of the next release, I wonder if he can let us know how to resolve that restart problem.

Regards

Hi, that didn't help me.

I can boot from the USB HDD.

But!

When I do this, the unattended section does not work!

It's as if "autounattend.xml" didn't even exist, but it is on the USB-HDD.

What to do?

Does it matter that I have 5 partitions on my main HDD + 1 on my USB-HDD and I already have Win 7 on one of them?

Edited by quantum112

BTW, the actual Win7 builtd RTSe7enLite is NOT fully silent. To finish the installation, it ask for User Name; Passworg; then Configure Windows for Updates...

I do NOT USE No force restart when WPI is launched and RT Installer to install applications neither. I think you're confusing.

What (spwizimg.dll and imageres.dll and others dll customized) are used for?

The problem is the Win7 built RTSe7enLite force a restart at the wrong time. The restart should be launched after WPI finishing the software installation.

I am not confusing like you said!!!

But I think that your method to create your ISO file with RT Se7en Lite and WPI like you share with me by PM is confused!!

The best way is to create your ISO file inside a partition on the HDD ( updates integrations, tweaks, customization, Unattended file, etc...) and AFTER to use your ISO file with WMware or Oracle VirtualBox to make an test!

I have no problem with restarting using RT Se7en Lite and WPI 8.1.0 (I have not force restart)!

With WPI you can choose to reboot or not reboot after all the programs are installed!

All is fine for me!

About dll customization you have read my Se7en_UA French guide and all is explained!

I think you can complete your "Autounattend.xml"!

Regards

*Edit: about Autounattend.xml:

Installing some applications upon firstlogon

Edited by myselfidem

Hi, that didn't help me.

I can boot from the USB HDD.

But!

When I do this, the unattended section does not work!

It's as if "autounattend.xml" didn't even exist, but it is on the USB-HDD.

What to do?

Does it matter that I have 5 partitions on my main HDD + 1 on my USB-HDD and I already have Win 7 on one of them?

You can find help here:

Deploying multiple .wim files from bootable USB hard drive

WPI is crap anyway.First you spend bunch of time adding packages,then

adding silent switches and then integrating it.By the time you get to

install the apps are problably outdated anyway :P

And the install itself just adds another reboot and is slower than it

could.<br><br>I use a tool that updates all my setup packages and  then

installs them silently.It´s also faster than WPI and way more user

friendly and flexible.Check it out yourself and you won´t be

dissapointed: http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/

Edited by Tomorrow

well, if you check the drivers....its ALLinOS driver. So the INF will be found in the parent folder not in sub-folders. If ther is no inf in that folder then you cannot see any drivers to select.

I have no idea what ALLinOS is, but in my case, in the parent folder there is NO .inf file, but in the win7 one there are tens of them.

I have no idea what ALLinOS is, but in my case, in the parent folder there is NO .inf file, but in the win7 one there are tens of them.

can you zip that driver and send me?

Hi,

Bensam has updated today the changelog for the next build RC 1.7.0 and Beta 2.6.0 :

- YOU CAN RUN THE RT 7 LITE POST INSTALLATION WIZARD IN COMPLETE SILENT MODE (NO USER INTERFACE) [NEW]

- CHANGED RT SEVEN LITE LAYOUT [NEW]

- SOME BUGS ON SERVICE PACK LABELS [FIXED]

- FRENCH AND CHINESE LANGUAGE PACKS UPDATED

- WALLPAPER VIEW ERROR - TILE, CENTER, STRETCH, FIT [FIXED]

- WINDOW FRAME COLOR NOT APPLIED [FIXED]

- YOU CAN NOW INTEGRATE .THEMEPACK FILES AND SET AS DEFAULT THEME [NEW]

- YOU CAN REMOVE WINDOWS SIDEBAR GADGETS FROM RT SEVEN LITE INTERFACE [NEW]

- APP OPTIMIZED AND REDUCED IN SIZE [NEW]

- ADDED HINDI LANGUAGE PACK [NEW]

- NVIDIA AND ATI GRAPHICS DRIVER INTEGRATION ERROR [FIXED]

- ENABLE FORCE UNSIGNED DRIVER INTEGRATION [NEW]

- EXPORT PRESET SETTINGS BEFORE COMMIT CHANGES TO THE WINDOWS IMAGE [NEW]

- SOME MINOR AND MAJOR BUGS INTERNALLY [FIXED]

- SOME SERVICES WAS FAILED TO LOAD IN SERVICES TWEAKS [FIXED]

- FORCED RESTART OPERATION AFTER INTERNET EXPLORER REMOVAL [FIXED]

- SOME SHORTCUTS WAS MISSED AFTER WINDOWS INSTALLATION [FIXED]

- READING APPLICATION ERROR REPORT WHILE LOADING IMAGE [FIXED]

It's going to be a very interesting release of RT 7 Lite. Wonderful !!!!!

And it sems that there is a problem when insatlling rt 7 lite, with avira antivir and besam is waiting for a response from them.

I also have this problem.

:hello:

Edited by winterstorm