RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

****.I have a problem:

Seems that due to Nvidia installer changes as of driver version 260.xx i can´t integrate any drivers newer than 259.xx to Win7 image.

Tryed both DISM 7600 and 7601 - No luck.System starts in 256 colors and no driver installed.nv_disp folder just has the .inf file in it.Nothing more.

Tryed RT7Lite - No luck.Program reports succesful integration and nv_disp contains all nessesary files but still no driver installed.

Tryed to integrate copy of System32/drivers/DriverStore/nv_disp folder - No luck

Tryed to unpack installer with UniExtract and integrating extracted files - No luck.

So has anyone been able to integrate Nvidia 260.xx series drivers into Windows 7?

Windows 7 SP1 RC x64 (ISO with SP1 RC integrated by MS)

Nvidia Display Driver 260.99

RT7 Lite 2.4.0

Dism 7600/7601

****.I have a problem:

Seems that due to Nvidia installer changes as of driver version 260.xx i can´t integrate any drivers newer than 259.xx to Win7 image.

Tryed both DISM 7600 and 7601 - No luck.System starts in 256 colors and no driver installed.nv_disp folder just has the .inf file in it.Nothing more.

Tryed RT7Lite - No luck.Program reports succesful integration and nv_disp contains all nessesary files but still no driver installed.

Tryed to integrate copy of System32/drivers/DriverStore/nv_disp folder - No luck

Tryed to unpack installer with UniExtract and integrating extracted files - No luck.

So has anyone been able to integrate Nvidia 260.xx series drivers into Windows 7?

RT7 Lite 2.4.0

Dism 7600/7601

create a silent installer and add it in application integration. Otherwise get it from Microsoft catalog updates. It will work...

So how do you integrate SP1 exactly? i inserted it in the apps section and applied some switches and when its done the windows setup the box pops up to install selected apps i click install progress bar goes about half way then immediately finishes the box closes and sp1 actually isn't installed. i also get the sp1 help box dialog even though i used the switch to turn it off. Is there a certain way to use multiple switches in 7lite?

loki9, please see this thread and the linked thread. Enjoy, John.

****.I have a problem:

RT7 Lite 2.4.0

Dism 7600/7601

(SNIP)....Otherwise get it from Microsoft catalog updates. It will work...

Tomorrow:

I can confirm that if you get the driver from Windows Update, it can be integrated. I just picked up an Nvidia GT 430, and the driver pack I had used in the past didn't support the new card. I deleted all of the current Nvidia drivers installed, rebooted, then WU found the driver and downloaded it. I went to \\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\, found the nv_disp.inf.xxxx folder, and copied it for use. I integrated the folder to my latest RT7 Lite image, and it worked like a charm. Although the drivers do not appear in the in the installed programs listing, I can confirm that the 260.98 build of video driver, control panel driver, and PhsyX drivers were installed.

Edited by Bilar Crais

create a silent installer and add it in application integration. Otherwise get it from Microsoft catalog updates. It will work...

First option is a no-go.I use another program to mass install apps silently.Besides graphics driver should really work natevly.Second - you mean the catalog updates website?.Sorry but i have not gotten it to work at all lately both with IE9 and Firefox.

Tomorrow:

I can confirm that if you get the driver from Windows Update, it can be integrated. I just picked up an Nvidia GT 430, and the driver pack I had used in the past didn't support the new card. I deleted all of the current Nvidia drivers installed, rebooted, then WU found the driver and downloaded it. I went to \\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\, found the nv_disp.inf.xxxx folder, and copied it for use. I integrated the folder to my latest RT7 Lite image, and it worked like a charm. Although the drivers do not appear in the in the installed programs listing, I can confirm that the 260.98 build of video driver, control panel driver, and PhsyX drivers were installed.

Intresting.I will try this tho i won´t expect much luck.

Intresting.I will try this tho i won´t expect much luck.

Believe me, I was very skeptical. Nobody could have been more surprised than I was when I had fully functional drivers and control panel upon first boot. I guess I knew that they were going to work, because after the first reboot during my image install, during the hardware detection phase, the screen went blank temporarily, then came back with the correct 1680x1050 resolution.

Hi I'm having a problem with unmounting, DISM doesn't seem to be recognized at all. I'd really like to remove these dirs.

Y:\0\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools>dism.exe /unmount-Wim  /MountDir:Z:\y\RT_Mount\ /discard

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Error: 87

The unmount-wim option is unknown.
For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I currently have two sets of the two RT folders. I use Vista 64 Ult. I apologize for the following bizarre things I may have done to end up with this:

Downloaded and installed WAIK to Y:\0\. I use this like "C:\Program Files (x86)". I keep directories intact with something similar done for 64-bit (Y:\0\0\)

I may have installed 64-bit RT to Y:\0\ instead, then set temp directory to Z:\y\. I extracted an x86 7 Ult RTM to Y:\RemovedName and started tweaking.

While tweaking, I remembered similar deploy tools may delete unrelated files in the work dir, which I assumed was RemovedName.

I decided to kill RT and WIM(?) processes in Task Manager. I then tried deleting the files in Z:\y\ but they still seemed to be mounted.

I moved the RTM extracted files elsewhere and tried running RT again. It gave me an error telling me to unmount two items.

I tried using DISM but I got the above error. Tried uninstalling RT/WAIK with reboots, renaming the Z:\y\ dirs, etc but I still got the same message.

I then installed RT to Y:\0\0\ now, and it loaded. I ended up with another two RT dirs in Z:\y\, and copied data to the first set for trial unmounting.

I used the Advanced preset and adjusted things to my liking. However I did not use Integration etc, and left them checked anyway.

Chose Apply but a .NET error(I assume) appeared later regarding maybe JIT(?) and selected Continue. Stuck at 7%(?) where it errored, I tried exiting.

It tried Cleaning but froze so I closed it, and came to post. Thought of using regular dirs, 64-bit RTM etc this time, but didn't want to cause more trouble.

I think it may be pretty useful if anything previously used gets auto unmounted if detected at start. Thanks for reading and for your time.

@zerhop

You need to choose the correct path for Dism:

Example for x64 (adapt to your needs)!:

"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\RT_Temp" /Discard
pause to see if errors

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem

Y:\0\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing>dism.exe /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"Z:\y\RT_Mount" /Discard

:(

Y:\0\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing>dism.exe /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"Z:\y\RT_Mount" /Discard

:(

You can try:

"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Cleanup-Wim
pause to see if errors

Cheers

First of all thank the creators for this wonderful program,but I wanted to ask if it was possible to incorporate in the next version an italian translation.If you are interested I would can realize it