RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

I received no such error, nor had any problem whatsoever integrating wave SP1 RC Wave1 (windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe

Did the image work normally when you tested it?

Yes...I'm using it now. I went away from my desktop to watch television while the integration portion took place, but there were no errors, and the GUI was prompting me to proceed to RT7 Lite to continue. The system applet shows Service Pack 1, v.721.

Edit: Well, it appears that maybe I don't have Wave1 after all. My x64 service pack is about 650mb, while the Microsoft download is 865mb.

The sp I have is as follows:

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 RC x64

BUILD: 7601.17105.100929-1730

FILE: Windows6.1-KB976932-X64-INTL.exe

SIZE: 644,616,752 byte

SHA-1: B8E8935D782599B977D3D0FF15D8B3B539CA39C8

MD5: 59BA49FE307B89C20EBBE8D4C95622B0

CRC: 5329BB53

Edited by Bilar Crais

Ben stopped bothering coming here, pointless to ask.

not like that....I have some work and busy with my another new software.

Just wanted to say thanks and to speak on the behalf of us who really appreciate your incredible contribution to the Windows 7 community. We are truly humbled by your hard work. For the rest of you, before posting comments like 'TheWalrus', why don't you contribute by using the donate button and then maybe he'll actually have some extra time away from his paid job to give to this amazing project...

I received no such error, nor had any problem whatsoever integrating wave SP1 RC Wave1 (windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe

Did the image work normally when you tested it?

Yes...I'm using it now. I went away from my desktop to watch television while the integration portion took place, but there were no errors, and the GUI was prompting me to proceed to RT7 Lite to continue. The system applet shows Service Pack 1, v.721.

Edit: Well, it appears that maybe I don't have Wave1 after all. My x64 service pack is about 650mb, while the Microsoft download is 865mb.

The sp I have is as follows:

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 RC x64

BUILD: 7601.17105.100929-1730

FILE: Windows6.1-KB976932-X64-INTL.exe

SIZE: 644,616,752 byte

SHA-1: B8E8935D782599B977D3D0FF15D8B3B539CA39C8

MD5: 59BA49FE307B89C20EBBE8D4C95622B0

CRC: 5329BB53

Yep thats the wave0

wave1 is:

File: windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe

CRC-32: cffa8b1f

MD4: 254092aa01e768d9df9243340b3bc6d2

MD5: a115921b050e72f118a1e1e1e649c992

SHA-1: 62d3f7a9410b6cd88139308d6934947bc33f868f

For the rest of you, before posting comments like 'TheWalrus', why don't you contribute by using the donate button and then maybe he'll actually have some extra time away from his paid job to give to this amazing project...

There are other projects people work on in their free time and they don't ask (periodically even) for any donations, so I don't see your point.

So how do you integrate SP1 exactly? i inserted it in the apps section and applied some switches and when its done the windows setup the box pops up to install selected apps i click install progress bar goes about half way then immediately finishes the box closes and sp1 actually isn't installed. i also get the sp1 help box dialog even though i used the switch to turn it off. Is there a certain way to use multiple switches in 7lite?

well, I will post the method of integration using dism once final one is released. Microsoft reported that in Vista SP2 cannot be integrated with previous SP1 files and that windows cannot be installed. So people did reverse method of integration. But still its possible for direct Integration of Vista SP2 using pkgmgr. I tested the method for Vista SP2 slipstream what I implemented for Windows 7 SP1. It works. Here, You can add it in apps section if you want to install it in last phase. Use the appropriate switch and add it. But if you add in Apps you may get some error while installing SP1. So better add in Runonce feature in unattended section.

well, I will post the method of integration using dism once final one is released. Microsoft reported that in Vista SP2 cannot be integrated with previous SP1 files and that windows cannot be installed. So people did reverse method of integration. But still its possible for direct Integration of Vista SP2 using pkgmgr. I tested the method for Vista SP2 slipstream what I implemented for Windows 7 SP1. It works. Here, You can add it in apps section if you want to install it in last phase. Use the appropriate switch and add it. But if you add in Apps you may get some error while installing SP1. So better add in Runonce feature in unattended section.

alright thanks ill give it a shot.

I would like to conduct an informal survey. I find that I am having to set the registry setting "NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate" to zero. It should be "0" by default, but somehow after using RT7 Lite, it has been set to "1". Windows Backup needs this to be set to "0" so that it can see when files have been changed in order to make incremental backups. I would like you to check this registry setting yourself, and if you haven't already changed it, please report in this thread what you have it set to. You'll find the setting here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]

"NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate"=

Some people toggle it to "1" to save some disk activity and thus improve performance; the default setting should be "0".

Thank you.

I would like to conduct an informal survey. I find that I am having to set the registry setting "NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate" to zero. It should be "0" by default, but somehow after using RT7 Lite, it has been set to "1". Windows Backup needs this to be set to "0" so that it can see when files have been changed in order to make incremental backups. I would like you to check this registry setting yourself, and if you haven't already changed it, please report in this thread what you have it set to. You'll find the setting here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]

"NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate"=

Some people toggle it to "1" to save some disk activity and thus improve performance; the default setting should be "0".

Thank you.

Billar...I checked that after you said. I saw the registry settings in untouched OS but its 1 by default not 0. I checked in every version. That's not before or after the usage of rt 7 lite.

Billar...I checked that after you said. I saw the registry settings in untouched OS but its 1 by default not 0. I checked in every version. That's not before or after the usage of rt 7 lite.

Wow...that's just bizarre. I don't understand that! If you look on Google, you'll see that the setting should be 0 by default...at least it has been until now.

It's weird, because if you set Windows Backup to image the root drive everyday, it'll only have one image - the latest. But if you set it to zero, it'll keep daily, incremental backups.

Edit: Well, I just read that it is set to "1" by default in Windows 7. I can't imagine why they'd break functionality in backup for the sake of a minor speed tweak.

Edited by Bilar Crais