RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

i think we should open a new thread and star ourselves the "what should i not remove" list based on our experience and tests. i have some components that shouldn't be removed and i would like to share my knowledge.

anyone who knows some feature or component that if removed will break something after installation should post there and help everyone who is planing strip down the win 7.

i think we should open a new thread and star ourselves the "what should i not remove" list based on our experience and tests. i have some components that shouldn't be removed and i would like to share my knowledge.

anyone who knows some feature or component that if removed will break something after installation should post there and help everyone who is planing strip down the win 7.

Hi,

I'm trying to do that, but there :

http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?/topic/7146-components-to-keep/#

:hello:

Hi,

Good. Very Good. but IMHO we should organize in different way. List the needed components/services like R7Lite list in the app for example

Accessories

* list accessories that fails if removed

Drivers

Language Packs

etc...

Of course based in experience and users reviews...

and i think in the future bensam56 could integrate this list into R7lite (like nlite for winxp)

but is a good start

Hi,

Good. Very Good. but IMHO we should organize in different way. List the needed components/services like R7Lite list in the app for example

Accessories

Drivers

Language Packs

etc...

and i think in the future bensam56 could integrate this list into R7lite (like nlite for winxp)

but is a good start

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll add this in the next few days.

I only hope that some people would like to share their discovery for integrating them in the post.

@ bensam56 :

do you plan to add a "winsetup.dll" patch option in your next version, adding the possibility to 'remove' the 100 Mb Win7 partition ?

(patching it should transfert the 100 Mb partition files into a recovery folder instead)

more info Here.

if it is planned, when do you plan to release your next version ?

thx :thumbup

Edited by r0sWell

Hi,

Accessories

Drivers

Language Packs

etc...

but is a good start

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll add this in the next few days.

I only hope that some people would like to share their discovery for integrating them in the post.

I updated the thread with RT7 components order with their consequences if you remove them. But the list is far from complete. So...

I updated the thread with RT7 components order with their consequences if you remove them. But the list is far from complete. So...

Nice! Lets keep this list growing!

And i have one question for anyone who could help me.

My slimmed edition of win7 has 1.5GB and i would like to know how touch the winsxs and filerepository folder without many consequences to install or software installation i searched any some forums here as well but isnt a easy task. some one know how to clean theses folders?

Hi,

I have come accross a problem with rt7lite not completely unmounting the modified image. Rt7lite does not give an error or any indication, that anything didn't work as expected, but when I look into the folder where my win7 install files are located, there is an install.wim file in the root and one in sources. When I run dism /get-mountedwiminfo, it tells me that the install.wim is still mounted (in temp\RT_MOUNT). Also in the wim mount dir there still is a file SOFTWARE in the folder system32\config (this is, I think, the registry file for the HKLM\SOFTWARE tree). It seems that some program still has an open handle to that file so it cannot be unmounted (in the task manager I do not see any suspicious programs or processes).

I have attached an exemplary lastsession.inf. I have run a few different variations of settings with the same results. Also, I ran one with just the components removal task and one whith just the tweaks task. It didn't happen with the tweaks, but it did with the components. So I guess it is a problem with a component.

I did have a similar problem before (wim not unmounted correctly), but this was usually solved by running rt7lite with the same preset again (on a fresh win7 install source of course).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and cheers!

Lastsession9.inf

I'm having troubles integrating drivers.

I can add languagepacks disable features and remove features.

All tests are ok in vmware.

But when i'm integrating drivers I'm getting a bsod.

Sometimes when adding a couple drivers it works, but when adding more I get a bsod.

The drivers

[Drivers]
F:\7WORK\DRIVERS\nv_whql.inf_amd64_neutral_5a3a693bb0828011\nv_whql.inf=-$-$-$ NVIDIA_SetA_Devices,NTamd64.6.0,NTamd64.6.1
F:\7WORK\DRIVERS\XODD XNi9070D Drivers\07TouchPad\WinWDF\x64\synpd.inf=Mouse$08/14/2009$ 14.0.0.3$ SynMfg, NTamd64 ; (Standard types)
F:\7WORK\DRIVERS\XODD XNi9070D Drivers\08WLAN\AWNE104H\91_92_SE_Driver\Win7X64\net8192se.inf=-$-$-$ Realtek,NTamd64.6.1
F:\7WORK\DRIVERS\XODD XNi9070D Drivers\01Chipset\W64\Ethernet\nvfd6x64.inf=-$-$-$ Nvidia,NTamd64.6.0,NTamd64.6.1$$2
F:\7WORK\DRIVERS\XODD XNi9070D Drivers\01Chipset\W64\SMU\smuc64.inf=System$ 06/29/2009$5.1.2600.0171 ;Changelist 4263372$NV,NTamd64$$2
F:\7WORK\DRIVERS\XODD XNi9070D Drivers\01Chipset\W64\IDE\WinVista64\sata_ide\nvstor64.inf=HDC$06/30/2009$11.1.0.30$NVIDIA, ntamd64.6.0, ntamd64.6.1
F:\7WORK\DRIVERS\XODD XNi9070D Drivers\01Chipset\W64\IDE\WinVista64\sataraid\nvrd64.inf=SCSIAdapter$06/30/2009$11.1.0.30$NVIDIA, ntamd64.6.0, ntamd64.6.1

Firts I thought it was the nvidia driver. So i did not integrate this one, and tested with wlan driver and mouse driver only. Test ok

After that added the audio driver. And wham BSOD. Leaving out the audio driver and add lan driver. Wham BSOD.

I tried everything. I have a xxodd laptop and finding updated drivers is a pain in the a... :P

Even when I download a custom win7(x64) dvd with integrated driverpacks it also gives me a bsod.

Last question: After selecting the drivers should i select them in which wim they should be installed or is 7lite doing this automaticly.

Thx in advance,

The Glim

Lastsession1.inf

Edited by The Glimmerman

I have come accross a problem with rt7lite not completely unmounting the modified image.

I have done some more testing and found out that this problem has to do with my preset file(s). If I don't use a preset but select everything I want to be removed by hand, everything works fine. I don't know if my preset files are corrupted or if it is a bug with the internal handling of preset files in rt7lite. I have to add that after loading a preset file, I usually change something from the preset (as for example selecting additional components for removal). It might also be related to that.

But otherwise, this is a terrific program!! :thumbup

Cheers!