RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Hi guys, I just installed Win 7 and everything works fine so far. But now i wanted to play my favorite game Warcraft 3, but it wont start. Upon starting it the screen just goes black a few seconds and them im back on the desktop. So I guess I removed something Warcraft 3 needs to run. Do you guys have any idea what that could be?

best regards

I see you removed Nvidia/ATI drivers.Can you run other 3D stuff?

Also maybe program compability assistant service is needed?

Hi, yes i can run 3d stuff. Everything works except Warcraft III. Even with PCA enabled it does not work. Ill try to build a new image with "Windows Media Encoders and Decoders" in and report back.

best regards

Ok so if I mark something from right side then it means that the marked element will be disabled or enabled?

If you check something in the right side, it is enabled.

Ok so the things that are checked by default from the beginning in the app are the same that by default windows installation? And if something isn't checked then it means that it is also by default disabled in standard installation of Windows?

Ok so the things that are checked by default from the beginning in the app are the same that by default windows installation? And if something isn't checked then it means that it is also by default disabled in standard installation of Windows?

At least, that's the conclusion I've come to.

When removing japanese (I think) fonts be sure to leave an adnotation that this will break your office 2010 installation. Or just leave those 2 files "MEIRYO.TTC" and "MEIRYOB.TTC" and everything will go smoothly. Maybe add an option to it to "leave necessary files for office". By the way I tried searching for a short while but did not find the answer. Why is the chinese option marked in red? It should say something like "this, that, and this again was reported to break if u remove this". Anyway great software ;)

It should say something like "this, that, and this again was reported to break if u remove this". Anyway great software ;)

Agreed. And "Removing winsxs cache will render .NET unusable and uninstallable in the future." Also, "Removing Internet Explorer requires a forced reboot after first logon," just so people don't freak out when Windows goes down for a restart. Another example would be Windows Media Manager, in the driver section. "Windows Media Manager is MANDATORY if you use media hardware of any kind." This is not meant as a criticism; just a suggestion so people might know what they are getting themselves into.

It should say something like "this, that, and this again was reported to break if u remove this". Anyway great software ;)

Agreed. And "Removing winsxs cache will render .NET unusable and uninstallable in the future." Also, "Removing Internet Explorer requires a forced reboot after first logon," just so people don't freak out when Windows goes down for a restart. Another example would be Windows Media Manager, in the driver section. "Windows Media Manager is MANDATORY if you use media hardware of any kind." This is not meant as a criticism; just a suggestion so people might know what they are getting themselves into.

Hello friend.....NET can be installed again. I changed the settings. It will be uninstalled correctly and you can install it again without any trouble. I will add a note for other things....thank you

Bilar i had removed the winsxs folder but i can use the Framework app that i've always used. What program did not run?

Bye

I had three out of four programs work, but Snapstream BeyondTV's WebUI is heavily dependent on all of the .NET frameworks, and threw errors.

Hello friend.....NET can be installed again. I changed the settings. It will be uninstalled correctly and you can install it again without any trouble. I will add a note for other things....thank you

Thanks Ben. Good to know!

Edited by Bilar Crais

hi, i'm having some problems with RT7Lite from the earlier released, even with this one (1.0.9 beta) : i can't delete or customize the services without creating an error at the 2nd stage of the installation, i mean after the 1st reboot, when, normally, it comes with the "starting services" screen (don't know if it is really this in english, i use french version of 7) and become the "end of the installation".

It stopped at the "starting services" screen, and do infinite reboot ...

Until the 1.0.8, i couldn't remove or customize ONE service, if i did, i had this error.

With the 1.0.9 i'm able to delete this services in "components" section : SensrSvc, HomeGroupListener, HomeGroupProvider (without any services customizing in "tweaks" panel)

But with the "full" list of removal i wanna use, it doesn't work at all (see the inf file)

It is because i'm removing too much ?

Because of services dependencies ? (could be great in next releases to add a dependency check for services/components)

Some services must be there for the installation ?

Oh by the way, if you want a french translator for your tool i can try if you want.

[OS Name= Windows 7 ULTIMATE]
[Date= 6/26/2010 12:00:00 AM]
[Microsoft .NET FrameWork= 3.5]
[Version: Beta build 1.0.9]
Blackviper=Default
[Update]

[Driver]

[Language]

[Application]

[Components]
Ease of Access Center=True
Action Center=True
InboxGames=True
Chess=True
FreeCell=True
Hearts=True
Shanghai=True
Minesweeper=True
More Games=True
Internet Games=True
Internet Backgammon=True
Internet Checkers=True
Internet Spades=True
PurblePlace=True
Solitaire=True
SpiderSolitaire=True
Infrared File Transfer Application=True
Mobility Center=True
On-Screen Magnifier=True
People Near Me=True
Projector Connectivity=True
Speech Recognition=True
Sticky Notes=True
Welcome Center=True
WindowsGadgetPlatform=True
WindowsSideShow=True
Wordpad=True
Write=True
TV Tuners=True
TV_ADS Technologies=True
TV_ASUSTEK Computer=True
TV_Aver Media Technologies=True
TV_Bitland=True
TV_Creatix=True
TV_Compro Technology=True
TV_Hauppauge=True
TV_KNC ONE GMBH=True
TV_KWorld=True
TV_NXP Semiconductors=True
TV_Philips Semi-Conductors=True
TV_Pinnacle Systems=True
TV_Terratec Electronic GmbH=True
TV_VidZ Media=True
Fax=True
Smart Card Drivers=True
Language Packs=True
ar-SA=True
bg-BG=True
zh-CN=True
zh-TW=True
zh-HK=True
hr-HR=True
cs-CZ=True
da-DK=True
nl-NL=True
et-EE=True
fi-FI=True
de-DE=True
el-GR=True
he-IL=True
hu-HU=True
it-IT=True
ja-JP=True
ko-KR=True
lt-LT=True
lv-LV=True
nb-NO=True
pl-PL=True
es-ES=True
pt-BR=True
pt-PT=True
ro-RO=True
ru-RU=True
sr-Latn-CS=True
sk-SK=True
sl-SI=True
sv-SE=True
th-TH=True
tr-TR=True
uk-UA=True
Mobile PC Presentation=True
Sample Music and Videos=True
Sample Pictures=True
Sound Recorder=True
OpticalMediaDisc=True
Windows ISO Burn=True
MediaCenter=True
WindowsMediaPlayer=True
Connect To Network Projector=True
IIS-WebServerRole=True
Windows Remote Assistance=True
Remote Desktop Connection=True
TCP/IP Applications=True
TelnetClient=True
TelnetServer=True
SensrSvc=True
AppIDSvc=True
BDESVC=True
PeerDistSvc=True
defragsvc=True
HomeGroupListener=True
HomeGroupProvider=True
iphlpsvc=True
Mcx2Svc=True
CscService=True
WPCSvc=True
ProtectedStorage=True
QWAVE=True
RasAuto=True
RasMan=True
SessionEnv=True
TermService=True
UmRdpService=True
RpcSs=True
RpcLocator=True
RemoteRegistry=True
wscsvc=True
SCardSvr=True
SCPolicySvc=True
SysMain=True
TabletInputService=True
SDRSVC=True
WbioSrvc=True
idsvc=True
WinDefend=True
WerSvc=True
FontCache=True
ehRecvr=True
ehSched=True
WMPNetworkSvc=True
FontCache3.0.0.0=True
Advanced UAC=True
Auto File System Converter=True
Auto File System Format Utility=True
Corrupted File Recovery=True
Location and Mobile PC Sensor=True
Manual windows setup=True
Microsoft Custom Dictionary=True
Microsoft Sync Center=True
Natural Language=True
Narrator=True
On-Screen Keyboard=True
Recovery=True
Windows System Restore=True
TabletPCOC=True
User Account Control=True
Windows Easy Transfer=True
Windows Help=True
Zip Folder=True

[Features]
MediaPlayback=False
MSRDC-Infrastructure=False
Printing-XPSServices-Features=False
Xps-Foundation-Xps-Viewer=False

[Control Panel Remove]

[Control Panel Add]

Control panel view=Category

[Desktop]

[Desktop Taskbar]

[Explorer Shortcuts]

[Explorer Context]

[Explorer Views]

[Security]
Anti spyware=Default
UAC=Default
Windows Firewall=Default

[Services]

[System]

[Visual Effects]

[Internet Explorer]

[Media Center]

CustomReg=
[Un-Attended]
Setup Language=fr-FR
Logon count=1
Network location=Home
Protect your computer=Default
Keyboard=United States
Currency and date format=English (United States)
UI Language=fr-FR
Timezone=(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

hi, i'm having some problems with RT7Lite from the earlier released, even with this one (1.0.9 beta) : i can't delete or customize the services without creating an error at the 2nd stage of the installation...."

It looks to me like you are removing a great deal of services, some of which I'm sure are required by Windows to function properly. It's hard to tell, as the services are abbreviated in the Lastsession.ini. In truth, there is very little to be gained by removing most services in terms of hard drive real estate. Perhaps you should simply leave the services section alone completely, then in the tweak section, used one of the "Black Viper" selectable presets on the services tab to disable unnecessary or idle services. Personally, I use the "tweaked" preset.

Edited by Bilar Crais

ok thx for the reply.

In fact i was deleting those services because when i was using vLite i deleted them in Vista, those services are totally useless for me, that's why.

I'll do as you say, leave them, and use the blackviper reg-services-tweak-file we can create on his website.

If i have some suggestions for the next releases :

- could be great to have the possibility to have access to the "ISO" panel after the "apply" even if we haven't select it in task before the "apply", could same some time.

- cab files support for updates (!)

- change the system of the tweak services tab : sometimes the dropdown panel doesn't keep my selected choice ... some clipping if i can say ... weird, could be more clean and clear if it was like that : see here (with colored dependencies could be awesome)

In fact i was deleting those services because when i was using vLite i deleted them in Vista, those services are totally useless for me, that's why.

If that's the case, maybe something else is at issue. If anything, Rt7 Lite seems more immune from danger when removing things than vLite was, at least where Windows 7 is concerned. Too bad the LastSession.ini isn't annotated, otherwise I'm sure the offending setting would jump right out. I'll take another look at it.

Until the 1.0.8, i couldn't remove or customize ONE service, if i did, i had this error.

With the 1.0.9 i'm able to delete this services in "components" section : SensrSvc, HomeGroupListener, HomeGroupProvider (without any services customizing in "tweaks" panel)

On second thought, I think this very telling right here. By merely removing ONE service, you couldn't complete the install? From what I can see, you removed nothing from the system section. I'd be willing to bet it's because you're using it with French Windows 7. Also, are you beginning with a fresh, unmodified W7 disc; not already modified by vLite?

Edited by Bilar Crais