RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Where's the Snipping Tool check box? I don't even see it on there any more? Keeping the Tablet PC didn't keep the Snipping Tool for me.

If you know what the name of the executable is, you should be able to "protect" it, provided it resides in system32 and all of it's dependents are still in there.

Did a test today with ultimate 64 win7 got it to around 1.1gb. And all my stuff still works.

Would you please upload your lastsession.inf????????????? I am trying to trim my OS but but my aero theme is not working.

Bilar Crais check ur inbox man...thank you

Benjamin, please give me that inf.

Edited by nice_guy75

Did a test today with ultimate 64 win7 got it to around 1.1gb. And all my stuff still works.

Would you please upload your lastsession.inf????????????? I am trying to trim my OS but but my aero theme is not working.

Bilar Crais check ur inbox man...thank you

Benjamin, please give me that inf.

That pertained to something else entirely, nice_guy75.

Edited by Bilar Crais

That pertained to something else entirely, nice_guy75.

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.

@nice_guy: Wait for new build and In new build just select Advanced option and uncheck Windows Aero Themes from Multimedia and Services. I tested it and I will send you the inf via PM....check the screenshots

s2f7eb.png

2j0eg5g.png

Edited by bensam56

@nice_guy: Wait for new build and In new build just select Advanced option and uncheck Windows Aero Themes from Multimedia and Services. I tested it and I will send you the inf via PM....check the screenshots

2j0eg5g.png

Wow, just 668mb :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

New Build??????????????? Are you talking about the version v1.0.8 or you are going to release another version after v1.0.8?????????

And are you sure aero theme is working fine in your OS as I feel if move your cursor to any of the opened window it will not show the preview of the window.

I hope I am wrong.

2j0eg5g.png

Wow, just 668mb :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

New Build??????????????? Are you talking about the version v1.0.8 or you are going to release another version after v1.0.8?????????

And are you sure aero theme is working fine in your OS as I feel if move your cursor to any of the opened window it will not show the preview of the window.

I hope I am wrong.

Aero basic is working right...thats on VMware. Releasing 1.0.9 now...Only thing is after windows installation you have to enable glass transparency manually becoz of WINSAT removal. But if you keep WINSAT it will increase the ISO to 713MB....you can remove other components leaving WINSAT but I can't give guarantee for your selections...

Aero basic is working right...thats on VMware. Releasing 1.0.9 now...Only thing is after windows installation you have to enable glass transparency manually becoz of WINSAT removal. But if you keep WINSAT it will increase the ISO to 713MB....you can remove other components leaving WINSAT but I can't give guarantee for your selections...

No, don't worry. I am ok with even 1GB OS. I am going to keep some more components, I will keep WINSAT as well.

Thanks for all your help.

I stumbled across an issue with the user account management.

Adding a user gives the following error:

post-291600-12772062943_thumb.png

If you want to add the user to a group for example "Administrators" and hit the "Check Names" button you can't find that group. Using the advanced view and hitting "Find now" gives the following error:

post-291600-127720630687_thumb.png

I enabled all disabled services for testing, no improvement.

Used Lastsession.inf

Any idea which removed feature could be responsible?

Edited by noob2k3

Mmm ..are you sure? Because i had tryed the beta but i do not have seen this problem. But there a problem with windows update that do not istalla some update. Nothing of important but the problem there is. Perhaps it can be a problem in the part of cache not removed .

Quite sure. This was with x64, if that helps. If I built an image with all of the same options WITHOUT cache removal, 3.5 .NET was okay.

There was another guy who had similar issues with .NET after using cache removal. He was able to get his .net dependent apps working by creating "sym links." Not sure what he meant...it's beyond me.

I just restarted and will not remove the cache - it's not worth the hassle.

In this topic I already stated what was going wrong, how to fix it and what would be a proper solution for it (to be implemented in RT7Lite). Just to recapitulate:

- Files were being searched for in specific subfolders in the C:\Windows\assembly folder by the .NET app.

- The easy way to fix this is to just extract the Windows\assembly folder from a clean .wim and put them back

- The cool way is - since you're having duplicate files on your system if you leave all those files in \assembly - to make either hardlinks or softlinks to those files in the places in Windows\assembly as they would normally appear in a full installation. It is very likely that a full Windows installation does that (using hardlinks) anyways in order to save space, I've never checked that, but in case of RT7Lite this would definitely be the best way to save one from compatibility issues and still save space, since the actual file is present only once, but pointed to from several locations.

How's the issue concerning features being re-enabled when loading a session preset with those features were supposed to be selected for removal coming along. Was still present in 1.07. Also, the selection boxes in the Component Removal tab were very quirky when it came to selecting components that were directly related to features.

How's the issue concerning features being re-enabled when loading a session preset with those features were supposed to be selected for removal coming along. Was still present in 1.07. Also, the selection boxes in the Component Removal tab were very quirky when it came to selecting components that were directly related to features.

From what i've seen it is still present.

Also Windows Mail seems to be broken even though neither Windows Mail nor the required Windows Contacts were removed. The Windows Mail process starts but nothing happens, no window shows up.

Edited by noob2k3