RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Thanks Grabben. So what you are saying is that I can load updates for both x86 and x64 - all in the same window? And then to finalize, do I need to Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?*editI just tried to combine updates for both OS's, and it doesn't appear like it can be done. After adding in all the updates for x86, I then try to add the ones for x64. It gives me an error that says "This Package is already in queue". Apparently it is unable to add the same KB article numbers for the different OS architecture's. There are only two that do not have the same article number and those show in red (probably because I chose 7 Ultimate x86 when I started).Any thoughts?
Not in the same window or on to all edtions at once, you will have to do each edition, one at time..

But that sure would be something :P

Edited by grabben

Is there a change between 1.06 and 1.07 that could relate to the fact that suddenly makes it impossible to run UPEK Protector Suite 2009 (with the legacy drivers, not the Windows Biometrics drivers)?

In addition to what I removed from the 1.06 install, I removed this in the not-working v1.07 stripped install:

IIS-WebServerRole=True

TelnetClient=True

TelnetServer=True

SensrSvc=True

sppuinotify=True

Manual windows setup=True

Recovery=True

Any of the applications, save the tray icon UI, simply crashes whenever I try to start it:

Event ID 1000

The following information was included with the event:

ctlcntrv.exe

4bb09897

KERNELBASE.dll

4a5bdfe0

e0434f4d

000000000000aa7d

Process Monitor:

1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\System32\MSCOREE.DLL.local	NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\ctlcntrv.exe.Local NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\fusion.localgac NAME NOT FOUND
1788 CreateFile C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\security.config NAME NOT FOUND
1788 CreateFile C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\security.config.cch NAME NOT FOUND
1788 CreateFile C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config NAME NOT FOUND
1788 CreateFile C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\profapi.dll NAME NOT FOUND
1788 CreateFile C:\Users\Guillaume\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.312\64bit\security.config PATH NOT FOUND
1788 CreateFile C:\Users\Guillaume\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.312\64bit\security.config.cch PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryDirectory C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.INI NO SUCH FILE
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ole32.dll NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\CRYPTBASE.dll NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryDirectory C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\ctlcntrv.INI NO SUCH FILE
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\PublisherPolicy.tme NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\WindowsBase\385daef1d59c01201d35cdd277f99a56\WindowsBase.ni.dll PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35 PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35 PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35 PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework.dll NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework\PresentationFramework.dll PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework.exe NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework\PresentationFramework.exe PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\ctlcntrv.exe.Local NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en-US\mscorrc.dll PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en-US\mscorrc.dll.DLL PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en\mscorrc.dll PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en\mscorrc.dll.DLL PATH NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Globalization\en-us.nlp NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\VERSION.dll NAME NOT FOUND
1788 QueryOpen C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\VERSION.dll NAME NOT FOUND

Edited by Guillaume

Is there a change between 1.06 and 1.07 that could relate to the fact that suddenly makes it impossible to run UPEK Protector Suite 2009 (with the legacy drivers, not the Windows Biometrics drivers)?

It looks like you are missing chunks of .NET, which may be a prerequisite for your application. Tell me, did you tick "winsxs cache" for removal? I've had a similar issue with the latest beta, and Ben indicates this should be resolved in the near future. If you absolutely can't wait for the next release, you can try to untick the winsxs cache removal option and rebuild your .iso with the same options.

Seems like it's got everything to do with the absence of folders in C:\Windows\assembly: it searches for all kinds of non-existing folders like C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35. If I create them and symlink to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\ the program gets started a little bit further each time, but I can't get it to work completely.

Does RT7Lite mingle with the Windows\assembly folder?

Edit

Copying the entire \Windows\assembly folder from a fresh image fixed the problem.

Edited by Guillaume

Thanks Grabben. So what you are saying is that I can load updates for both x86 and x64 - all in the same window? And then to finalize, do I need to Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?*editI just tried to combine updates for both OS's, and it doesn't appear like it can be done. After adding in all the updates for x86, I then try to add the ones for x64. It gives me an error that says "This Package is already in queue". Apparently it is unable to add the same KB article numbers for the different OS architecture's. There are only two that do not have the same article number and those show in red (probably because I chose 7 Ultimate x86 when I started).Any thoughts?
Not in the same window or on to all edtions at once, you will have to do each edition, one at time..

So, after running rt lite on each edition (that's going to take forever), should I use the Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?

I just thought of something too. What if I were to take an untouched iso, one x64 and one x86, and change them using rt lite. Then export the install.wim of each edition that I want combined into one and then replace the install.wim in the x86 sources folder?

Copying the entire \Windows\assembly folder from a fresh image fixed the problem.

I'd still be interested in knowing whether or not you chose the option to remove the winsxs cache. That option borks .Net; I wouldn't be surprised if it also wrecked \assembly.

So, after running rt lite on each edition (that's going to take forever), should I use the Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?

I just thought of something too. What if I were to take an untouched iso, one x64 and one x86, and change them using rt lite. Then export the install.wim of each edition that I want combined into one and then replace the install.wim in the x86 sources folder?

Not sure but if its equivalent to vLite its "re-build all"

Ofcourse you can first modify the 32bit and 64bit seperately and then export them to a new .wim. Thats the basic idea of creating an AIO.

I'd still be interested in knowing whether or not you chose the option to remove the winsxs cache. That option borks .Net; I wouldn't be surprised if it also wrecked \assembly.

Yeah I did. It was all about the .NET in this case, yeah (UPEK Protector Suite uses .NET 3.0)

I was thinking, though: the files that are removed are (primarily at least) files that are normally duplicates present in another folder. So wouldn't it be a great idea to not just remove the duplicates (which obviously breaks stuff), but to substitute them for symbolic links? That'll save the same disk space, but keep the .NET support in tact.

I was thinking, though: the files that are removed are (primarily at least) files that are normally duplicates present in another folder. So wouldn't it be a great idea to not just remove the duplicates (which obviously breaks stuff), but to substitute them for symbolic links? That'll save the same disk space, but keep the .NET support in tact.

It sounds like you have more of a handle on it than I do, but the issue was present in an pre-beta 1.08 and Ben said that he could fix it. He seems to me a man of his word. :)

It sounds like you have more of a handle on it than I do, but the issue was present in an pre-beta 1.08 and Ben said that he could fix it. He seems to me a man of his word. :)

Well, yeah, I started out doing the symbolic linking myself and it worked out pretty nicely, but since I don't exactly have a list of what is removed it's a bit more work for me than it is for Ben, who knows in advance what is 'missing'. In essence, I think symbolic linking would be an absolute brilliant solution.

Is there a chance this "fix" for the Documents and Settings rights issue is going to be released this month so people who are currently stuck with that can give it a shot too?

The settings that I'm using on rt seven lite are messing up with my windows live messenger.

I've tested it in different PCs, with different internet networks and software (and no AV/Firewall) and my MSN cant login.

Using this settings on 1.0.7 (In attachment).

Can you please check what I shouldn't remove so I can use MSN?