RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

thank you for reply.

but it's not convenient to install another app to open chm files. why dont you just remove the help files and keep supporting chm files. I dont know maybe because it's difficult to do so? just hope you can consider it. thx.

Removing help results in a very small reduction in the overall .iso size and Windows installation. Perhaps it would be best to leave it in tact.

bensam56, a suggestion:

In order to make the Last Session more useful for debugging, I suggest you add the following information as a minimum:

• Date and time of the Rt7Lite run.
  • Version of Rt7Lite installed.
  • Running OS version and Service Pack.
  • Version of .NET install.
  • Version of WAIK installed.

I also suggest that the Last Session be enabled by default with an option to turn it off. Any other information you can think of to include when you are debugging would be good. Enjoy, John.

I'm wondering in the build 1.0.7,when we remove the "Windows Help", can the ".chm" files be opened?(the previous build has this bug, I've asked 3 times but now answer...)

I have the "Documents and Settings" problem in 1.0.7 so I cannot test it myself,sorry.

ben,hope this time you can see my question! thank you!

chm files cannot be opened....may be you can use some 3rd part app for that...

2nd error is fixed

Hello ben, iv done some more testing on v7. Theres still some issues with reg import. It does not proper take my regs at all... I assume that the tools allow "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" in the start of my reg files?. Also when you select wich network home group in unattended, it still popup in the launch of the fresh installed windows.

Also could you add something with joining a homegroup with password on it?.

Documents and Settings error is a small coding mistake...I fixed this issue. Monday releasing a patch

2nd error is fixed

ok, if it's fixed, then where can we get the hotfix?

thanks!

Edited by azon

Bensam56 wrote in the RockersTeam-Forum:

Re: RT Seven Lite - Beta 1.0.7 - Released

Postby bensam56 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:05 am

pedilover wrote:" Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

Documents and Settings error is a small coding mistake...actually its caused by timing level....I fixed this issue. Monday releasing a patch "

Hi Ben,

when will the patch come ?

Regards

Possibly by tomorrow...

I'm wondering in the build 1.0.7,when we remove the "Windows Help", can the ".chm" files be opened?(the previous build has this bug, I've asked 3 times but now answer...)

I have the "Documents and Settings" problem in 1.0.7 so I cannot test it myself,sorry.

ben,hope this time you can see my question! thank you!

chm files cannot be opened....may be you can use some 3rd part app for that...

2nd error is fixed

Hello ben, iv done some more testing on v7. Theres still some issues with reg import. It does not proper take my regs at all... I assume that the tools allow "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" in the start of my reg files?. Also when you select wich network home group in unattended, it still popup in the launch of the fresh installed windows.

Also could you add something with joining a homegroup with password on it?.

Hello friend....registry import should work. Just check your registry. If any single error is found in the starting line then other keys below will not be added.

First I'm fixing all minor errors now I have in 1.0.7. New options will be added later friend.....

Edited by bensam56

Hi!

I have to admit a did not read through the whole thread, but the forum search couldn't help me so I thought asking wouldn't hurt :-)

Since RT Seven Lite is explicitly intended for Win7 it is safe to actually use all it's options, isn't it? I ask because I tried to produce I custom build but directly after entering the setup I get the error "The product key entered does not match any of the Windows images available for installation." and it stays even when I delete the Autounattended.xml which contains the key. I experience similar problems before while I tried to use vLite without knowing about it's shortcomings with Win7 (). Therefore my question.

Using RT Seven Lite Beta 1.0.7 64-bit on a 64-bit Win7 installation. I can provide the exact options I chose, but it's quite a lot of them (driver integration, component removal, tweaks, unattended option).

Any help/hint to solve the issue are appreciated :-)

Edit: I just noticed an unanswered error report in the "RT Se7en Lite" forum (http://www.rt7lite.com/rt-se7en-lite-forum/6-unattented-installation-support/448-lost-unattended-setting.html). Just wanted to add that this is also valid for me -- unattended settings lost + scrambled license key. At first I thought this was my problem, that I mistyped the serial. But a new run with a definitely correct serial brought the same error message as does deleting the Autounattended.xml.

Edited by Klybalur

Just a short update: I have no idea why but the DVD I burned from the customized Win7 setup worked just fine. The problem I reported yesterday (strange error message about inappropriate key) seems to only come up when starting the manual setup.

So thanks a lot for this useful tool! :)

Hey ben,

I used Advanced option with some modification as I wanted to keep some of the components like windows search, paint etc. But when I install my OS Aero theme was not working infact none of the themes were working. I even tried to patch theme files and tried to apply some third party themes but I am unable to apply any theme. Can you please tell how to enable theme?

I am again trying to use advanced option this time I have enable themes lets see how it goes.

Hey ben,

I used Advanced option with some modification as I wanted to keep some of the components like windows search, paint etc. But when I install my OS Aero theme was not working infact none of the themes were working. I even tried to patch theme files and tried to apply some third party themes but I am unable to apply any theme. Can you please tell how to enable theme?

I am again trying to use advanced option this time I have enable themes lets see how it goes.

Don't forget to set : TWEAKS -> System -> UXTheme patch = Enable

Don't forget to set : Services -> Themes -> Automatic

Don't forget to set : TWEAKS -> System -> UXTheme patch = Enable

Don't forget to set : Services -> Themes -> Automatic

Though I have not tried this but when I tried last time I got an error something related to "Document and setting".

Is WAIK neccessary for RT 7 lite, I have tried it without WAIK. Was this error because of WAIK?????????????

Though I have not tried this but when I tried last time I got an error something related to "Document and setting".

Is WAIK neccessary for RT 7 lite, I have tried it without WAIK. Was this error because of WAIK?????????????

From Ben,

"...Documents and Settings error is a small coding mistake...actually its caused by timing level....I fixed this issue. Monday releasing a patch..."

Patch not out yet.

From Ben,

"...Documents and Settings error is a small coding mistake...actually its caused by timing level....I fixed this issue. Monday releasing a patch..."

Patch not out yet.

Thanks I am also waiting for the patch. But it has not released yet. I hope ben would release its patch soon.