RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

This thing is driving me bonkers ...

Using RT Lite Beta 1.0.7 on Windows 7 Pro x64. I've used Advanced Settings and changed just a couple of things which had nothing to do with the Internet as far as I can tell. I've also used "Bare-bones" settings in Services and changed just what's related to Aero and themes.

Now, no Internet connection. The thing I just don't understand is the absence of the Telephony service, I really don't get it.

2j2w2mg.jpg

otoh3s.jpg

Is there anything I could do or do I have to start from scratch again ?

Please Ben, for the life of me, could you provide an option to save LastSession.inf file prior to apply and commit as the application takes ages to complete the process and it sometimes gets stuck for hours and has to be killed manually, needless to say that all is lost then.

PS: Unfortunately, I forgot to save my LastSession file before formatting/installing Win 7 Lite. I would have submitted it then ...

Advanced option is not at all recommended. Its only for those who don't use internet, Media and just for lower end PC's used for only document typing, playing games offline, etc. Remote desktop Assistance is selected for deletion.....Just select Tweaked option and also select winsxs from that.....

If you check save current settings....then it will be saved in RT 7 Lite directory. It will be saved once you click finish button

Sorry Ben, I wish this was the case but it's not ( well, not for me to say the least )

I will just add a video tutorial with latest build 1.0.7...wait

Advanced option is not at all recommended. Its only for those who don't use internet, Media and just for lower end PC's used for only document typing, playing games offline, etc. Remote desktop Assistance is selected for deletion.....Just select Tweaked option and also select winsxs from that.....

Yeah well, I haven't applied "Advanced Settings" blindly, as mentioned before ... I have made some changes as well. That should be mentioned in bold letters Ben if you ask me.Just to let people know :rolleyes:

The only mistake I made is leaving "Windows Phone Dialer" checked for removal, by an oversight.

this error i get then i start RT7lite i see it mount image

and then i click on this error windows and it's come more error

so what is wrong?

i use windows 7 x64 swedish

post-263297-127524841985_thumb.jpg

Edited by ajdee

its driver problem....I don't know why wimgapi is not working on some systems.....

what driver must i install?? i have install this KB3AIK_SV

then i select tweaked i get this error

and it's first time i get this problem on RT7lite

post-263297-1275250909_thumb.jpg

Edited by ajdee

so what is wrong?

ajdee, what OS are you running and what version of WAIK? Did you see this message on the RT7Lite site?

Note: Windows Vista and Windows Sever 2008 users must download windows 7 WAIK and installed.
Enjoy, John.

so what is wrong?

ajdee, what OS are you running and what version of WAIK? Did you see this message on the RT7Lite site?

Note: Windows Vista and Windows Sever 2008 users must download windows 7 WAIK and installed.
Enjoy, John.

i Run Windiws 7 x64 plus i have to use this WAIK for windows 7 to but still the same problem

i Run Windiws 7 x64 plus i have to use this WAIK for windows 7 to but still the same problem

ajdee, I am also running W7 x64 with WAIK version 6.1.7600.16385 and I have no problems. Please make sure you are running version 6.1.7600.16385 of WAIK. I just opened WSIM and went to Help-About. Sorry I cannot help. Bensam56 will need to offer some help. Enjoy, John.

I'm wondering in the build 1.0.7,when we remove the "Windows Help", can the ".chm" files be opened?(the previous build has this bug, I've asked 3 times but now answer...)

I have the "Documents and Settings" problem in 1.0.7 so I cannot test it myself,sorry.

ben,hope this time you can see my question! thank you!

I'm wondering in the build 1.0.7,when we remove the "Windows Help", can the ".chm" files be opened?(the previous build has this bug, I've asked 3 times but now answer...)

I have the "Documents and Settings" problem in 1.0.7 so I cannot test it myself,sorry.

ben,hope this time you can see my question! thank you!

chm files cannot be opened....may be you can use some 3rd part app for that...

2nd error is fixed

thank you for reply.

but it's not convenient to install another app to open chm files. why dont you just remove the help files and keep supporting chm files. I dont know maybe because it's difficult to do so? just hope you can consider it. thx.

ajdee, I am also running W7 x64 with WAIK version 6.1.7600.16385 and I have no problems. Please make sure you are running version 6.1.7600.16385 of WAIK. I just opened WSIM and went to Help-About. Sorry I cannot help. Bensam56 will need to offer some help. Enjoy, John.

ajdee, I was wrong in my reply above. If you are running W7, you do not need to have WAIK installed. I assume if it is installed, you should be OK if it is the latest (6.1.7600.16385). I do have WAIK (6.1.7600.16385) installed on my XP x64 system, which I use most, (dism, imagex, wsim) but I run RT7Lite on a W7 partition and do not have WAIK installed. Sorry, but hope you are running now. Enjoy, John.