RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Today I installed a version of Windows on the real spot. The installation is successful. Confirm the error on windows update even real machine. One thing that is really annoying me and probably prevent me from using this ISO is that the SATA controller that the floppy is not working. I do not seem to have also uninstall those drivers.

Heres the setting:

Zumoc, all this input clutters up the thread. I would think attaching this kind of stuff would be much more useful. People really interested can then DL it and search it and whatever. Just a suggestion. Enjoy, John.

Floppy driver not working but not removed? But I think you removed the floppy driver too.....

Floppy Drive=True

See the settings file...

I suspect this means all drivers are being added with the ForceUnsigned switch. I do not think this is a good idea.

Why is this not a good idea?

If a driver is signed then this flag is ignored.

If a driver in unsinged then you would get a popup during your unattended installation if the driver was not integrated with the /ForceUnsigned flag

Granted if you have 1 or 2 of these then its not a problem.But lets talk when you have 60+ pupups during install and you have to manually accept them before install continues.This used to be a major problem for me during the Vista era because i didnt know about the flag.But still even 1 of these popups would halt the unattended install.

noob2k3, I am new to RT7Lite, and probably cannot help you. But, please post some information on your system. What OS, version of .NET Framework, version of waik, if installed, version of RT7Lite and any other information you think might help. Enjoy, John.

Doesn't my crashdump answer most of those questions? Using Win7 x64 with matching WAIK.

Basically I used the advanced preset and successively unselect what I needed. But I was convinced that it had no deleted driver and disk . Anyway now back to monitor.

Doesn't my crashdump answer most of those questions? Using Win7 x64 with matching WAIK.

I'm experiencing the same error noob2k3 has got. (Though I'm using Win7 x86)

Does some know about existing workaround? Or has Ben already started to make a patch?

That error seems to be the most common for 1.0.7 version. I'm the third person who reported it.

I suspect this means all drivers are being added with the ForceUnsigned switch. I do not think this is a good idea.

Why is this not a good idea?

If a driver is signed then this flag is ignored.

If a driver in unsinged then you would get a popup during your unattended installation if the driver was not integrated with the /ForceUnsigned flag

Granted if you have 1 or 2 of these then its not a problem.But lets talk when you have 60+ pupups during install and you have to manually accept them before install continues.This used to be a major problem for me during the Vista era because i didnt know about the flag.But still even 1 of these popups would halt the unattended install.

Tomorrow, like a lot of other things, people are going to disagree on these types of checks. I think unsigned drivers are not a good idea. The signing was put in by MS to offer some protection against problems. Some people turn off SFC and DEP, but that sounds dangerous to me. I understand your many pop-up during install concern and would avoid that with the application of /ForceUnsigned switch as needed, not on all drivers. Only one of my 8 drivers is unsigned. I am also leaning on the RAID vendor to provide a signed driver. I suspect RT7Lite turns off SFC and sets the Uxtheme patch, but have not seen this spelled out and don't see the options anywhere. Options are provided in nLite, what I am used to using. Thanks for your reply. Enjoy, John.

noob2k3, I am new to RT7Lite, and probably cannot help you. But, please post some information on your system. What OS, version of .NET Framework, version of waik, if installed, version of RT7Lite and any other information you think might help. Enjoy, John.

noob2k3, I guess I would not have asked if I thought so. It looks like several have this problem (I do not) and probably only bensam56 can respond to the problem. Enjoy, John.

Set priority to "above normal"...

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Documents and Settings' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.UnMountImage(String TempPath, String wimfile, Int32 index, Boolean commit) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 52006
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3299
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RTWin7Lite
Assembly Version: 1.0.7.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.7.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/RTWin7Lite.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
RTWin7Lite.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/en-US/RTWin7Lite.resources.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Zumoc

Well. I tryed to switch the prioryty from above to high and the problem persist in the same point.I think it's the same error.I'm on 7 x64 home premium.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Documents and Settings' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.UnMountImage(String TempPath, String wimfile, Int32 index, Boolean commit) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 52006
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3299
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
RTWin7Lite
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/RTWin7Lite.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
RTWin7Lite.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/en-US/RTWin7Lite.resources.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can't even get what 'Documents and Settings' it's talked about!

The only 'Documents and Settings' existing at the time when this exception takes place is host system's 'Documents and Settings'.

But it has nothing to do with mounted image. And if it really that folder that causes problem when I have no idea why the program tries to delete it..

Well. I tryed to switch the prioryty from above to high and the problem persist in the same point.I think it's the same error.I'm on 7 x64 home premium.

I notice that all the posters having this error are trying to access 'Documents and Settings' path. Either RT7Lite is doing this on its own, or possibly the posters have changed some path to include the 'Documents and Settings' path which is going to end in a Access Denied error (true in W7 and I assume in Vista also). If you will navigate to this path, and double click the 'Documents and Settings' folder your will see this. If you have changed the path to the temporary directory to include 'Documents and Settings', for example this would be the result. The error text would imply that RT7Lite is saving a log file. Possibly RT7Lite is referencing this path and therefore it must be corrected there. Enjoy, John.

I notice that all the posters having this error are trying to access 'Documents and Settings' path. Either RT7Lite is doing this on its own, or possibly the posters have changed some path to include the 'Documents and Settings' path which is going to end in a Access Denied error (true in W7 and I assume in Vista also). If you will navigate to this path, and double click the 'Documents and Settings' folder your will see this. If you have changed the path to the temporary directory to include 'Documents and Settings', for example this would be the result. The error text would imply that RT7Lite is saving a log file. Possibly RT7Lite is referencing this path and therefore it must be corrected there. Enjoy, John.

The operation which the program tries to proceed with at this time is a recursive deletion of its temporary folder.

This temporary directory by default is indeed within User's temp directory, which is in turn within 'Documents and Settings'.

But that's the way it's, and there is nothing to correct.

Nevertheless, I tried to set another short and nice path to temporary directory. Nothing's changed.

My guess that the problem with 'Documents and Settings' within mounted structure. (Which is either hard or soft link to Users directory, and has some specific access rights) Still I can't see why it needs to be deleted...

Ben?

Hmm, I get this msg:

error.ppng.png

But it worked before on x64? huh

Raoul90, it is saying that you DLed the the 32 bit version of RT7Lite and are trying to install on a 64 bit system. Go back to the RT7Lite site and DL the 64 bit version. The versions have been separated into four, for Vista, W7, 32 and 64 bit. Enjoy, John.

This temporary directory by default is indeed within User's temp directory, which is in turn within 'Documents and Settings'.

azon, I am running RT7Lite under W7, so our results may differ. My temporary folder is here C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp. There is a Documents and Settings folder, but it always yields an Access Denied error if I try to open it. I assume you are running Vista - I have never run it. Does it not do the same thing? If you open a Run Dialog and type %temp%, what path does it generate? Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Has any of you tried running Process Explorer to see if some other process has the temp file tied up?

Edited by johnhc