RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

I have seen the option "optimize boot.win and install.wim" . What differences are there with rebuilding the image? . From first glance it seems a bit faster. Am I wrong?...And the intregating uodate function seem improved but iwait the end of the work for testing.Meanwhile, thanks for the effort.

I have seen the option "optimize boot.win and install.wim" . What differences are there with rebuilding the image? . From first glance it seems a bit faster. Am I wrong?...And the intregating uodate function seem improved but iwait the end of the work for testing.Meanwhile, thanks for the effort.

Build current image only - It will optimize only install.wim

Rebuild all - It will just save the image and unmount

optimize boot.wim and install.wim - It will reduce the install.wim size and boot.wim size also...(This option will be normally available if you select Advanced mode otherwise if you select winsxs)

P.S: Some errors is common and they should check their PC also...

Edited by bensam56

1st try 1st error.

I use a test machine windows 7 64bit.

i dont work around on the machine while its working. It came with this error at a almost finished job!

The tool got fully administrator rights and so the user its on.

hi....it seems image and other things are saved but some folder otherwise registry is not unmounted. Its very rare case.....can you tell me the customized OS name and language?

I used advanced options

my iso name is da_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65918.iso from microsft i extracted that to my path. as following.

E:\Installation\Microsoft\ISO\Microsoft.Windows.7.DK\da_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65918

and its danish/denmark "DA"

Did you see my whole post from top with minors and suggestions sam?.

Edited by wazer

1st try 1st error.

i dont work around on the machine while its working. It came with this error at a almost finished job!

hi....it seems image and other things are saved but some folder otherwise registry is not unmounted. Its very rare case.....can you tell me the customized OS name and language?

I used advanced options

my iso name is da_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65918.iso from microsft i extracted that to my path. as following.

E:\Installation\Microsoft\ISO\Microsoft.Windows.7.DK\da_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65918

Yes friend...I will add those options but automatic selection I have to think.....

P.S: Users must try RT 7 Lite on Untouched OS not already customized OS....

Edited by bensam56

1st try 1st error.

I used advanced options

Yes friend...I will add those options but automatic selection I have to think.....

Good to hear!!!

Btw i was wondering, could you give us user an option to install it on another drive. I dont like it beeing on the systemdrive, for space and crashes.

1st try 1st error.

I used advanced options

Good to hear!!!

Btw i was wondering, could you give us user an option to install it on another drive. I dont like it beeing on the systemdrive, for space and crashes.

Nice thing....I will try to add it

I DLed and installed the latest (1.0.7) with no problems. I had tried it briefly before (on XP x64), so have little knowledge, but I do have some questions. One of my drivers is unsigned and it is a boot critical driver. I see no way to specify either condition. Does RT7Lite determine this or have I missed something? On the components page, I see on the right a Defaults. I assume this means that if I don't change this, then these components will be removed or deactivated (IE for example)? If so, which? I could not find defragger or FAX. Did I just overlook them? Now that I have completed my run and done a commit, can I start again with the same folder and remove additional components, add drivers or updates or must I start over? When I went to Commit I noticed I could not check the "Optimize both boot.wim and install.wim" radio button. Why? Where is the imaged mounted to? Thanks for any help. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I did not see a way to create a new account. Possible? To specify an Administrator PW, it required me to check "Skip user creation". Is this really necessary? I saw no way to specify network adapter options (example, turn off NetBIOS). Possible? Is there a place/document that might answer some/all of these questions?

Edited by johnhc

Ben: I used the advanced preset, added drivers and windows updates. The .iso completed without errors, but when I try to install the image, it stops after the device detection phase with error "components missing...cannot complete installation" or some such message.

Afterwards, I used my "last session" from a known good configuration, and only changed option from rebuild current image only to "optimize boot.wim and install.wim." That .iso also errored out on windows install.

(x64)

What is the advanced preset?

Mee too appear a message type "windows cannot find (or configure) some component...ecc ecc". Wen you mount the image,go in temporary folders\Windows\winsxs\ and delete the file pending.xml.

Is not certain but it can be tested. I have one ultimate iso updated and winsxs folder of 220mb that run but o can't do another because is not working due to a probled just described. I thik tath is a error on a pending.xml file that don't going reconstruct well.

Update:

While writing the message above, I made an iso file without pending.xml and I managed to boot the pc on VirtualBox. This is good and shows that the deletion of files pending.xml affect the success of the installation.

Perhaps it was forgotten. Ben I get this message :

116p20k.jpg

The the disk usage is 5.80gb whit 1.5gb of swap file that i always remove because i have enougth RAM.

Windows update question whitout the pending.xml . What's appen? This:

b9c6zd.jpg

So the system update whitout pending.xml seem to work!!!.But...there's one "but". It is true that Windows Update works, but in my case, asks to install the update that I had already put in the "integration" section of RT7.

Installs updates detected and reboot the virtual machine and restart I get an eror of installing some update. Reboot again and are updates that have not been previously installed as below:

wjuumf.jpg

The remaining updates are not installed and there is the error code as below:

24nf9qp.jpg

In conclusion I believe that:

1) The cancellation of the file pending.xml allows the successful conclusion of the installation of windows but could give some problems with the catalog update installed.

2) remains to be seen if the error generated by Windows Update is due to an update already installed but not categorized or lack of same file pending.xml.

I believe the pending.xml necessary but is reconstructed incorrectly.

Edited by Zumoc

What is the advanced preset?

Notice the shaded area, and several preset options available. Ben created the 742mb .iso with the advanced preset.

preset.jpg

I believe the pending.xml necessary but is reconstructed incorrectly.

Good catch, Zumoc.

Edited by Bilar Crais

Well.I have used a custom. I try. ;D

There is also another possibility. Updates are incorporated in incorrect order. Not always the KB number sequence corresponds to the proper sequence of integration.

Edited by Zumoc

Exception on clean unmodified source. Appears repeatedly.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Documents and Settings' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.UnMountImage(String TempPath, String wimfile, Int32 index, Boolean commit) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 52006
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3299
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RTWin7Lite
Assembly Version: 1.0.7.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.7.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/RTWin7Lite.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
RTWin7Lite.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/de-DE/RTWin7Lite.resources.DLL
RTWin7Lite.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/en-US/RTWin7Lite.resources.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

some updates not installed and leads to components missing error becoz updates relevant application is removed so setup will bring that error. I will release a quick patch for these errors today.

@zumoc: Are you getting that message "This File is only for RT Seven Lite Internal usage" everytime or only at first login?

Edited by bensam56