RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Ben: Are you by chance applying any tweaks by default? Everytime I make a Seven Lite disc, it seems that NTFS Last Access is disabled. If so, this should probably be left on by default, as it can interfere with a backup program's ability to do incremental backups. Windows Backup is one such program affected by this popular tweak.

I really wonder what exactly causes the issues with components selected for removal still being present after processing. What I repeatedly have seen, both in v1.05 and v1.06, is that the following components don't get removed at all times when checked.

Windows System Restore

Autoplay

ISO Burner

Creative Labs Modem Driver

After RT7Liting an image I got a decent build with a few minor mistakes like personalize menu not working properly and such, stuff I don't mind at all.

The one problem I have is this really annoying start menu object that wont go away, I removed "Help" from the component remover in RT7Lite so it is not installed.

The entry for it in "Customize" is not even there so I don't have a way to remove these.

So I am wondering if there is anyone who just happens to be a start menu wiz that wouldn't mind helping me out? :D

37396893.png

After RT7Liting an image I got a decent build with a few minor mistakes like personalize menu not working properly and such, stuff I don't mind at all.

The one problem I have is this really annoying start menu object that wont go away, I removed "Help" from the component remover in RT7Lite so it is not installed.

The entry for it in "Customize" is not even there so I don't have a way to remove these.

So I am wondering if there is anyone who just happens to be a start menu wiz that wouldn't mind helping me out? :D

37396893.png

which build version ur using?

I really wonder what exactly causes the issues with components selected for removal still being present after processing. What I repeatedly have seen, both in v1.05 and v1.06, is that the following components don't get removed at all times when checked.

Windows System Restore

Autoplay

ISO Burner

Creative Labs Modem Driver

all should be removed.....which windows you tried to customize? 32 bit or 64 bit?

Is anyone running Win7 x64 building a Win7 x64 image getting the error I am getting above? I've tried a number of times, changing things like temp directory and removing Win7 WAIK, but still get the error. And no I don't touch anything(temp directory) while its compiling the image.

37396893.png

Yeah I saw that, too. You should be able to untick 'Help' in the Start Menu customization dialog, though. Or create a registry file containing:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_ShowHelp"=dword:00000000
"Start_ShowSetProgramAccessAndDefaults"=dword:00000000

Is anyone running Win7 x64 building a Win7 x64 image getting the error I am getting above? I've tried a number of times, changing things like temp directory and removing Win7 WAIK, but still get the error. And no I don't touch anything(temp directory) while its compiling the image.

The Temp folder should not be another drive (physical or logical) but the same drive that contains the operating system folder to edit. Then it could also be a problem with the. Or some applications that use both the framework along with RT7?. It 'an idea. Because even I sometimes have errors that require me to repeat the process but the second time with the same parameters as the error does not occur.

The Temp folder should not be another drive (physical or logical) but the same drive that contains the operating system folder to edit.

I always assign Temp to D:\ but 7Lite is installed on C:\ and have no problem here.

Edited by Tomorrow

Yipes! By removing User Account Control, it seems that the Guest account and other restricted/standard/non-admin accounts gets all kinds of user privileges: I can uninstall *some* software, I can register .dll files. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Guillaume

Why do you want to delete the UAC? We only offer you the advantages and comuqnue disabled once installed the operating system. However, if I remember correctly, I believe that in 7 there is also andvanced UAC. Right?