RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Anyone:

Questions;

1. DISM; I found out what it stand stands for, but exactly what is it used for??

2. Why is WAIK 7 needed?

3. Why can't this program be run in XP? If it is the above issue, can't this WAIK be installed in XP?

To manipulate images on a computer that does not have the Windows OPK or the Windows AIK installed, you must copy ImageX.exe, Wimmount.sys, Wimmount.inf and Wimserv.exe to the new computer. You must then install of the driver by right-clicking the Wimmount.inf file and then clicking Install. You must also add Wimserv.exe to your local path (\Windows\System32).
Would someone translate this?

"hmmm...expected file not found in that package thats why it happened..."

Is this a .NET thing, looking for runtimes older/different that that running....

Thanks,

Rick

Anyhow both the errors are fixed now....

"hmmm...expected file not found in that package thats why it happened..."

Is this a .NET thing, looking for runtimes older/different that that running....

Thanks,

Rick

I think that error is specific to this update.I dont have it and rest of my 298 updates integrate fine.

is this the update that is causing you the problems? Windows6.1-KB976127-v6-x64.msu if so that is the same one that caused me fits till i figured out that was the one doing it.

is this the update that is causing you the problems? Windows6.1-KB976127-v6-x64.msu if so that is the same one that caused me fits till i figured out that was the one doing it.

No, it's Windows6.1-KB943790-x64; it is an RT7 specific hangup; DISM integrates it correctly.

Thanks,

Rick

hey someone could share his stable working config ? thx

Here ya go, it's quite rigorous, though.

What I just saw, though, is that I can't add a Bluetooth device. It simply does not show any dialog. Event Viewer shows "Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes (link keys) on the local adapter". Does anyone have an idea due to which component's being absent this is?

A small request, by the way: it would really be nice to have th full service names in the .inf files for readability.

lastsession.inf

Edited by Guillaume

Ben, can you tell me very rough estimate of next version's release date? From what I read here, it seems you are close to being done with the program, at least feature-wise?...

I am asking cause I have a PC for my wife, but want to hold onto passing it to her until I can make perfect installation :)

Ben, can you tell me very rough estimate of next version's release date? From what I read here, it seems you are close to being done with the program, at least feature-wise?...

I am asking cause I have a PC for my wife, but want to hold onto passing it to her until I can make perfect installation :)

yes....hopefully tonight

I did some adjustments...

* You can now set priority level

* Change start Menu ORB

* Select logon screen in two ways either by selecting direct DLL or JPG.

* Added two languages like Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese

* Some minor errors are fixed

Edited by bensam56

I did some adjustments...

* You can now set priority level

* Change start Menu ORB

I like those! During the last sequence when the program rebuilds the image, my computer comes to an absolute crawl - completely unresponsive. I guess I can always wait it out, or adjust the priority.

Edited by Bilar Crais