RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Questions;

1. DISM; I found out what it stand stands for, but exactly what is it used for??

2. Why is WAIK 7 needed?

3. Why can't this program be run in XP? If it is the above issue, can't this WAIK be installed in XP?

To manipulate images on a computer that does not have the Windows OPK or the Windows AIK installed, you must copy ImageX.exe, Wimmount.sys, Wimmount.inf and Wimserv.exe to the new computer. You must then install of the driver by right-clicking the Wimmount.inf file and then clicking Install. You must also add Wimserv.exe to your local path (\Windows\System32).
Would someone translate this? Edited by videobruce

Got this one today.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Windows\resources\Themes\aero1.theme'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.change_ThemeFile(String file_temp) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3794

at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.customization() in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3782

at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3016

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

RTWin7Lite

Assembly Version: 1.0.6.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.6.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/RTWin7Lite.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

RTWin7Lite.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/da-DK/RTWin7Lite.resources.DLL

RTWin7Lite.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/en-US/RTWin7Lite.resources.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

RT7 must work as a high-priority process, or you can set it normal? If exe run in high priority ,give temporary blocks other programs. Simply modify from high to normal by the task manager,the problem disappear.

Bye

RT7 must work as a high-priority process, or you can set it normal? If exe run in high priority ,give temporary blocks other programs. Simply modify from high to normal by the task manager,the problem disappear.

Bye

It would indeed be a great addition to be able to set the process priority.

You can already change the priority using task manager exe. Right click on RTWin7lite.exe and set priority. But it must be done whenever you start the program.You can not save the change.

You can already change the priority using task manager exe. Right click on RTWin7lite.exe and set priority. But it must be done whenever you start the program.You can not save the change.

I meant from within the program itself of course. You might also choose to do this by creating a shortcut with the following target:

cmd.exe /c start "" /normal "%ProgramFiles%\RT 7 Lite\RTWin7Lite.exe"

(change the path to the program accordingly).

Edited by Guillaume

I cannot run this program; continue to get a similar exception error to Zumoc a few posts up; using 1.06.

regards,

Rick

same exception or different exception?

If you think that's different then put it here so that it will be helpful for me to correct it

I cannot run this program; continue to get a similar exception error to Zumoc a few posts up; using 1.06.

Regards,

Rick

If you think that's different then put it here so that it will be helpful for me to correct it

First error: integrating hotfixes; for some reason RT7 just will not integrate Windows6.1-KB943790-x64, and this one only-in the same folder as all the rest, conventional, unmodified naming: HotfixIntegrationError.jpg

Second error: Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Exception.jpg, occurrs while removing Drivers from wim

Regards,

Rick

Edited by RickSteele

Bye

The reason why it runs on high priority is that people reported problem with normal priority.Specificly when program was minimized it could not me maximized again without manually setting to high priority.So Ben set it to High by default.

What OS are you using Rick?

WAIK for Win7 and other needed components are installed?

Edited by Tomorrow

Regards,

Rick

First error: integrating hotfixes; for some reason RT7 just will not integrate Windows6.1-KB943790-x64, and this one only-in the same folder as all the rest, conventional, unmodified naming: HotfixIntegrationError.jpg

Second error: Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Exception.jpg, occurrs while removing Drivers from wim

Regards,

Rick

First put all the updates in a folder not in partitions...DISM will not recognize as C:\KB******.msu

So it must be like this C:\updates\KB******.msu

I think you might understand....so first put all updates in a folder and try integrate

Regarding that object variable error is fixed now...so no worries

@bensam56

"First put all the updates in a folder not in partitions...DISM will not recognize as C:\KB******.msu

So it must be like this C:\updates\KB******.msu"

Path is: D:\CustomFiles\Windows6.1-UpdatePack-x64

"I think you might understand....so first put all updates in a folder and try integrate"

This is not the problem because I can use DISM to integrate all as they are now without error. There are no white spaces in my paths, the updates path is only one folder deep, and, this is the only KB, just this one, that RT7 does not like. RT7 will integrate all the rest no problem and they are all in the same folder-almost 300 updates/msu's. It's a wierd error.

"Regarding that object variable error is fixed now...so no worries"

I'm not sure I understand "fixed now"; beta 1.0.6 is the only download, so, same program; do you mean will be "fixed" in next release?

Just wandering, I have three cabbed updates for DISM, RT7 does not show them; could this feature please be added in a future release?

Thanks,

Rick

Edited by RickSteele

@bensam56

"First put all the updates in a folder not in partitions...DISM will not recognize as C:\KB******.msu

So it must be like this C:\updates\KB******.msu"

Path is: D:\CustomFiles\Windows6.1-UpdatePack-x64

"I think you might understand....so first put all updates in a folder and try integrate"

This is not the problem because I can use DISM to integrate all as they are now without error. There are no white spaces in my paths, the updates path is only one folder deep, and, this is the only KB, just this one, that RT7 does not like. RT7 will integrate all the rest no problem and they are all in the same folder-almost 300 updates/msu's. It's a wierd error.

"Regarding that object variable error is fixed now...so no worries"

I'm not sure I understand "fixed now"; beta 1.0.6 is the only download, so, same program; do you mean will be "fixed" in next release?

Just wandering, I have three cabbed updates for DISM, RT7 does not show them; could this feature please be added in a future release?

Thanks,

Rick

hmmm...expected file not found in that package thats y it happened...Cab files are not supported. Another error is not fixed in 1.0.6 but its fixed in upcoming version....

Edited by bensam56