RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

I cannot save my settings.

And the Lastsession.ini files does not modify If I change my settings.

Your lastsession.inf will be saved only after all the customization process is over not before

Please submit your answer sheet here

Apologies, my bad, there you go ....

Folders may open in new window after IE removal. Here is the fix for that

* First create a folder in Program Files as "Internet Explorer" [E.g: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer]

* Now copy the following DLL file (ieproxy.dll) and paste it in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

* Finally, Restart your PC or logoff and enter again

Note: 64-bit users should also create "Internet Explorer" in Program Files (x86)

I wonder if this post was your answer to the error message I had posted. If that's the case, which would be a little puzzling as I'm not sure where I should create that "Internet Explorer" folder ?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Try without giving space for computer name. I saw that you gave some space between two words....

All right, I'll give that a shot and report back, thanks a lot.

Check my screenshot....

34xhrfo.png

becoz i gave some space for computer name...check it below..

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<ComputerName>Rock Team</ComputerName>
<Themes>
<WindowColor>Sky</WindowColor>
</Themes>
</component>

I cannot save my settings.

And the Lastsession.ini files does not modify If I change my settings.

Your lastsession.inf will be saved only after all the customization process is over not before

It WOULD be nice, though, if it already saved the .inf directly/before actually starting, since at times the program refuses to remove certain components. Now you'll only be able to see this right at the end of the process, after waiting for quite a while.

Another thing, by the way, which might or might not be related to RT7Lite itself: everytime I tried to install an RT7Lited W7 with an autounattend.xml in the root from an external USB harddisk drive, Setup completely ignores the unattended configuration file.

Edited by Guillaume

also, i chose location for last session file to be saved and it did not do that. you also did not extend the startup sound length far enough.

What? Extend the startup sound length?

yes, there is option to change the sound and it has 10 second limit on it, the sound i want to use is little longer

Won't that slow down the boot-up process?

It will not slow down but it will hangup the explorer...recommended time secs is 0-1 secs

interesting bensam, i tried another image from scratch and some things were missing from the program under feature removal. what is the cause of that? i am uninstalling rt7lite to see if that fixes it. i uninstalled rt7lite and reinstalled it and it still was missing some stuff. i deleted the rt7lite folders from program group too plus i use an uninstaller that removes registry entries. real weird

bensam, if this is new version of the 1.06 beta the wallpapers and screensaver are still not being set as default. plus i can not change themes with this version. i did apply the theme patch too

themes should work...and all things are working

not sure what happened then, i did virtual install and the wallpaper and screensaver were not set as default plus the theme would not change for some reason

Check here...I added the screenshot for themes, wallpaper and screensaver.....

THEME CHANGED:

10zwqyc.png

v413rq.png

WALLPAPER CHANGED:

23ktgnr.png

SCREENSAVER CHANGED:

1zoxmcn.png

THEMES CAN BE CHANGED:

2dt1uol.png

Edited by bensam56

"Work in progress" :D on x64 Ultimate System

o7o7k1.jpg

In the first part of usage of RT7Lite my machine ,it gave me an error framework. Next time I will have the error, put the screen. Now I write from the virtual machine.

You know, I just did a disc for my laptop, and I couldn't get the wallpaper to set as default either. Also, I can confirm that the disable UAC tweak does not work in x86 Windows as well. However, the last session .ini was saved to the path I specified, so that seems to be working.

Edited by Bilar Crais

Please submit your answer sheet here

Apologies, my bad, there you go ....

Folders may open in new window after IE removal. Here is the fix for that

* First create a folder in Program Files as "Internet Explorer" [E.g: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer]

* Now copy the following DLL file (ieproxy.dll) and paste it in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

* Finally, Restart your PC or logoff and enter again

Note: 64-bit users should also create "Internet Explorer" in Program Files (x86)

I wonder if this post was your answer to the error message I had posted. If that's the case, which would be a little puzzling as I'm not sure where I should create that "Internet Explorer" folder ?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Try without giving space for computer name. I saw that you gave some space between two words....

All right, I'll give that a shot and report back, thanks a lot.

Check my screenshot....

34xhrfo.png

becoz i gave some space for computer name...check it below..

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<ComputerName>Rock Team</ComputerName>
<Themes>
<WindowColor>Sky</WindowColor>
</Themes>
</component>

Yes, that fixed it ;)

Still trying to iron some other oddities out, I'll keep you updated then. Thanks a lot.

I know there's no entry for WMP in the lastsession.inf file.

The thing is, I wonder why given the fact that it had been selected for removal.

It's been said quite a few times before: at times components are not removed even though they were selected... Just run the component removal again on that .wim and check what hasn't been removed.