RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Hi there everyone ...

First off, a massive thank you goes out to bensam56 for working on this application :yes:

Alright, using the latest Beta version 1.0.6 on Windows 7 Pro x64, I'm getting the following error while trying to install Windows 7 Pro x64 Lite version on VirtualBox. Any help would be highly appreciated.

24n4dg2.jpg

Hi there everyone ...

First off, a massive thank you goes out to bensam56 for working on this application :yes:

Alright, using the latest Beta version 1.0.6 on Windows 7 Pro x64, I'm getting the following error while trying to install Windows 7 Pro x64 Lite version on VirtualBox. Any help would be highly appreciated.

24n4dg2.jpg

Please submit your answer sheet here

Folders may open in new window after IE removal. Here is the fix for that

* First create a folder in Program Files as "Internet Explorer" [E.g: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer]

* Now copy the following DLL file (ieproxy.dll) and paste it in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

* Finally, Restart your PC or logoff and enter again

Note: 64-bit users should also create "Internet Explorer" in Program Files (x86)

Congratulations, Ben! I just deleted vLite from my drive...don't need it anymore. My donation will be forthcoming shortly. Question: if I removed the search feature, would the search options tab also disappear from the folder options applet?

Thank you

Congratulations, Ben! I just deleted vLite from my drive...don't need it anymore. My donation will be forthcoming shortly. Question: if I removed the search feature, would the search options tab also disappear from the folder options applet?

Thank you

Yes, All search options will be removed...Thank you friend

Autounattend.xmlHi and thanks for a very nice replacement for Vlite. RT7 is even better and much faster.

Tried 1.06 (x86) but got an error mesaage when tested under VirtualBox:

"Windows could not configure one ore more more components. To install

Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation".

Lastsession.inf

Autounattend.xml

Edited by schakan

Be sure to protect tapi32.dll - needed for activation.

So with this file protected from removal, I can remove Software Protection? (otherwise necessary for activation; without you'll get several license errors upon logon).

So with this file protected from removal, I can remove Software Protection? (otherwise necessary for activation; without you'll get several license errors upon logon).

Not sure....but I removed nearly all of the things I would have ordinarily removed with Vlite, (software protection not being one of them) and everything worked except activation. Once I copied it into system32, it was fine. I can't figure out how to save my configuration file, otherwise I would have shown it here. Good luck.

Not sure....but I removed nearly all of the things I would have ordinarily removed with Vlite, (software protection not being one of them) and everything worked except activation. Once I copied it into system32, it was fine. I can't figure out how to save my configuration file, otherwise I would have shown it here. Good luck.

What you need to do in order to save your configuration is:

1) Load the image

2) Click - in the home screen - on the save configuration button on the lower right of the screen.

3) In the new dialog, check the option to save the current configuration

Now do your thing and lastsession.ini will be created at the end of the operation (inside the RT7Lite main folder). It's extremely useful to save your configuration, because - at least in 1.05 - RT7Lite repeatedly failed to remove quite a few components even though selected for removal. With the .ini file you could then compare and assert whether you should run it again in order to remove some of the components left behind...

As soon as I kept Software Protection, activation went just fine, so it's quite odd that you still had to prevent that one file from being removed. You can find my .ini in a previous post.

What you need to do in order to save your configuration is...

Thanks - I'm sure that will come in handy. I am going to play around tomorrow.

RT7Lite repeatedly failed to remove quite a few components even though selected for removal.

True. I am relatively certain that I selected system restore for removal, but it was only disabled via Group Policy (registry setting for Home Premium). Likewise, I don't recall removing Defrag, but it was missing from the system tools folder in the start menu, yet still in system32, thankfully. As you say, the last config will be invaluable for debugging the process.

You can find my .ini in a previous post.

It seems that you removed quite a bit more than did, so I am surprised as well; unless it has something with my system being 64 bit.

I'm not even forming complete sentences anymore - must be time to go to bed.

Edited by Bilar Crais

Please submit your answer sheet here

Apologies, my bad, there you go ....

Folders may open in new window after IE removal. Here is the fix for that

* First create a folder in Program Files as "Internet Explorer" [E.g: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer]

* Now copy the following DLL file (ieproxy.dll) and paste it in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

* Finally, Restart your PC or logoff and enter again

Note: 64-bit users should also create "Internet Explorer" in Program Files (x86)

I wonder if this post was your answer to the error message I had posted. If that's the case, which would be a little puzzling as I'm not sure where I should create that "Internet Explorer" folder ?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Lastsession.inf

Autounattend.xml

Edited by Win7User

bensam, if this is new version of the 1.06 beta the wallpapers and screensaver are still not being set as default. plus i can not change themes with this version. i did apply the theme patch too