RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Someone know how is possible to integrate the exe of the last release of the Directx (feb2010)? Because seem that it can't be run directly but must be launched by the internal setup.exe.

Zumoc, I am curious about DirectX versions. I get the impression that W7 comes with DirectX version 11. I am currently using XP x64 and install DirectX Version 9C, which is Feb 2010. This is the latest available for XP. Are you talking about this one? What DirectX version do you have on your W7 system now? BTW, I use the batch file from the Kurt_Aust thread on installing XP x64, and the code is:

%Source%AddOns\directx_feb2010_redist.exe /Q /T:%Temp%\DirectX_9C

%Temp%\DirectX_9c\DXsetup.exe /Silent

RmDir /S /Q %Temp%\DirectX_9C

The %Source% simply points to the installation drive. I am not sure why he extracts it to the temporary file, but it may be because DirectX writes into the installation folder, which won't work on an optical drive or simply that it can't be executed from the DL file itself. Enjoy, John.

Hi jhnohc,

i think that contain ad update of someone file.

See THIS LINK.Thank's for the batch. I'm checking .

Zumoc, I DLed that one, checked the hash and it is the same one I am using. Perhaps it contains all the latest of 10, 11, etc and just installs what is supported by the OS. After reading a little more, I suspect Kurt_Aust extracted the file to be able to do a silent install via the /Silent switch. Enjoy, John.

@ Zumoc & johnhc

The DirectX for Feb 2010 has 143 different cab files that have Directx9 thru 11 plus all the different supporting files. I have mine packaged up as a silent install (directxV21010.exe) using WinRaR sfx after breaking it out of the download. And yes if you use the code that johnhc provided from Kurt_Aust that should work. The only reason I'm breaking my download out is trying to make it smaller by removing the un-needed files. Have not really been able to test on "7" as I keep getting errors when I hit the commit button.

@ bensam56

If you need another body for testing let me know I'll put it through the wringer.

:yes:

jd

See THIS LINK.Thank's for the batch. I'm checking .

Zumoc, I DLed that one, checked the hash and it is the same one I am using. Perhaps it contains all the latest of 10, 11, etc and just installs what is supported by the OS. After reading a little more, I suspect Kurt_Aust extracted the file to be able to do a silent install via the /Silent switch. Enjoy, John.

I have copared the release of march2009 whit the release of feb2010 and there are more file addess in the last releare like the file dated august2009 and febbrary 2010.

@ Zumoc & johnhc

The DirectX for Feb 2010 has 143 different cab files that have Directx9 thru 11 plus all the different supporting files. I have mine packaged up as a silent install (directxV21010.exe) using WinRaR sfx after breaking it out of the download. And yes if you use the code that johnhc provided from Kurt_Aust that should work. The only reason I'm breaking my download out is trying to make it smaller by removing the un-needed files. Have not really been able to test on "7" as I keep getting errors when I hit the commit button.

@ bensam56

If you need another body for testing let me know I'll put it through the wringer.

:yes:

jd

Hi to all,

I think that contain new files. See Below compared through a syncronize function by freecommander.

33y4cpx.jpg

amwig5.jpg

The game Bad Company 2 should work with the new libraries 42.dll. So I think that without this last update of DirectX, this game might not work.

Edited by Zumoc

I am curious about DirectX versions. I get the impression that W7 comes with DirectX version 11.

The DirectX standalone updates rarely upgrade the OS DirectX version(exept when DX9.0c came for XP or DX11 came for Vista with the platform update)

The standalone updates only update various DX components to newer versions.

And yes.Even if you have Windows 7 its always good idea to install the latest DX standalone update for maximum compatability because Windows 7 default newest DX files are from 14.07.2009 that is the Win7 RTM compile date.

Only thing i miss with DX standalone updates is changelog...what was fixed,added etc...

I too unpack a new DX update and create SFX archive with WinRAR for easier install.Also i always download the offline file(~100MB) because i hate the webinstallers lol

RT 7 Lite under XP x64

bensam56, I received my copy of W7 Ultimate x64 and opened RT7Lite against it. It went well for a while then gave the error in the attached screen shot. I hit OK and got another of the same error. Another OK and RT7Lite continued. I proceeded directly to ISO-Bootable and created an ISO. It was booted into a VM guest in VMware Server. All went well on the install and it seems to run OK, although I have little experience with it. I did discover that Aero is not available because the video card/driver does not support it. This, I guess, is a VMware short coming. I will continue to experiment, but would like to know if this is a fatal error or processing can continue. Thanks for your help. Enjoy, John.

RT 7 Lite under XP x64

bensam56, I received my copy of W7 Ultimate x64 and opened RT7Lite against it. It went well for a while then gave the error in the attached screen shot. I hit OK and got another of the same error. Another OK and RT7Lite continued. I proceeded directly to ISO-Bootable and created an ISO. It was booted into a VM guest in VMware Server. All went well on the install and it seems to run OK, although I have little experience with it. I did discover that Aero is not available because the video card/driver does not support it. This, I guess, is a VMware short coming. I will continue to experiment, but would like to know if this is a fatal error or processing can continue. Thanks for your help. Enjoy, John.

this bug is fixed in upcoming version

RT 7 Lite under XP x64

Thanks, bensam56. I reported earlier that I had the problem when I opened RT7Lite of the "Loading..." and the window behind wanting to DL WAIK (It is installed). After reading one of your replies on the RT Forum, I searched for wimmount.sys and found one in my System32\driver folder but none in my SysWoW64\driver folder. I copied the first one into the second and it got rid of the open problem. Why was there none in my SysWoW64\driver folder or why is RT7Lite checking for one there if the install did not put one there? I hope this is also fixed in your next release. I tried to do some other Tasks with several problems/questions. On the Unattended page it said that I could set the Workgroup name, but I found no place to do it. Very basically, It looks like RT7Lite is modifying files in the original folder. Is it OK to run RT7Lite more than once against this same folder of should I always start with a fresh copy of the DVD (what I tell people on the nLite forum.) What do I have to do to be sure I do not have unmounted images? I looked in the Registry and found two after some testing. When do you expect to release your next version? Please let me know if I can help test under XP x64. Thanks for application and the help. Enjoy, John.

RT 7 Lite under XP x64

Thanks, bensam56. I reported earlier that I had the problem when I opened RT7Lite of the "Loading..." and the window behind wanting to DL WAIK (It is installed). After reading one of your replies on the RT Forum, I searched for wimmount.sys and found one in my System32\driver folder but none in my SysWoW64\driver folder. I copied the first one into the second and it got rid of the open problem. Why was there none in my SysWoW64\driver folder or why is RT7Lite checking for one there if the install did not put one there? I hope this is also fixed in your next release. I tried to do some other Tasks with several problems/questions. On the Unattended page it said that I could set the Workgroup name, but I found no place to do it. Very basically, It looks like RT7Lite is modifying files in the original folder. Is it OK to run RT7Lite more than once against this same folder of should I always start with a fresh copy of the DVD (what I tell people on the nLite forum.) What do I have to do to be sure I do not have unmounted images? I looked in the Registry and found two after some testing. When do you expect to release your next version? Please let me know if I can help test under XP x64. Thanks for application and the help. Enjoy, John.

hi john, RT 7 lite will not support xp versions. I separated the exe for 64 bit and 32 bit separately. So ther will be separate installer for vista and windows 7. I added post installation wizard UI since in previous versions I added directly to cmd. You can add upto 100 applications and more....releasing it soon

hi john, RT 7 lite will not support xp versions. I separated the exe for 64 bit and 32 bit separately. So ther will be separate installer for vista and windows 7. I added post installation wizard UI since in previous versions I added directly to cmd. You can add upto 100 applications and more....releasing it soon

bensam56, I am very sorry to hear you will not support XP x64. It seems to run somewhat. I would hope you would reconsider. Thanks, John.