RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Yes ofcourse....it will delete only backup files of nearly 460 MB not the whole folders and files. I know we can remove it but its highly not recommended since we need to consider that folder in different angles. If you are customizing manually then you can do that but as for public we need to consider.....You need not to add the files which you listed becoz I deleted from codings itself not to delete

Well. So the sniping tool why are removed and how? I can not keep. Therefore it is likely that something is not really removed? An ISO containing only one installation is originally Ultimate 2.90Gb. The ISO that I created with the parameters that I posted above is about 2.7 Gb. With all the removals that have been made me think that it should be smaller. Also because a version developed by Ultimate vlite truly becomes smaller than about 1.8GB instead of the 2.7Gb. I say this not for polemic but to compare ideas. I will work on this configuration and each time that you see something wrong, I'll say. In any case, the release 05 has been greatly improved and I seem to be ina a "good way". Many thank's.

Yes ofcourse....it will delete only backup files of nearly 460 MB not the whole folders and files. I know we can remove it but its highly not recommended since we need to consider that folder in different angles. If you are customizing manually then you can do that but as for public we need to consider.....You need not to add the files which you listed becoz I deleted from codings itself not to delete

Well. So the sniping tool why are removed and how? I can not keep. Therefore it is likely that something is not really removed? An ISO containing only one installation is originally Ultimate 2.90Gb. The ISO that I created with the parameters that I posted above is about 2.7 Gb. With all the removals that have been made me think that it should be smaller. Also because a version developed by Ultimate vlite truly becomes smaller than about 1.8GB instead of the 2.7Gb. I say this not for polemic but to compare ideas. I will work on this configuration and each time that you see something wrong, I'll say. In any case, the release 05 has been greatly improved and I seem to be ina a "good way". Many thank's.

If vlite removes whole winsxs then the size will be ultimately reduced to 800 or 1 GB.....but as far we checked size was reduced but not to 800 MB, Anyhow thank you for the reports....

We know that basically the latest version does not require much space for Home Basic. This is because the problem is the WinSxS folder. Personally I think it is a good idea to have the option to remove it or not. Do not you think?. Phen if don't want to remove simple leave the flag unselected. I have a Home Premium version which weighs about 1.8 gb. I could install it and see what was removed.Maybe wrong.What do you think?

This is a WinSxS folder from a Home Basic x64 Version and is is monstrous.

2ly0pbc.png

This follow image are stored on http://www.winvistaclub.com/f16.html (x86 system)

This space of the Windows folder as a percentage.

windows.jpg

And this space of the WinSxS folder always as a percentage.

winsxs.jpg

I can not confirm the reliability of these images but I think they are reliable.

Dumb question ?

When removing features (lets say printer drivers for example) is it deleting both sets of files, in this case DriverStore\FileRepository\*prn* and in the duplicate copies in \winsxs\*prn*.

Or does it leave the spare copies in the winsxs :whistle:

Not gonna get much size-reduction without removing the duplicate files in the winsxs folder. That's just a limitation of the single-instance-storage format.

@ Zumoc, open your Install.wim with 7Zip File Manager and it will give you the exact sizes in MB.

Edited by MrJinje

has anybody else seen this error message during install - Windows could not set the offline locale information. Error Code: 0x80000001 i am not messing with any language files and am using the default language of English which is what a Google search says is the problem.

could somebody please tell me what is causing this error with microsoft virtual PC? I am using the X64 version too

startuperror.png

it means your processor not supported for 64-bit virtual mode. It will support only 32-bit in virtual. But you can install 32 or 64 bit OS in your machine.

could somebody please tell me what is causing this error with microsoft virtual PC? I am using the X64 version too

startuperror.png

Do you have Hardware Virtualization turned on in your PC's BIOS?

Okay i just did a new test.. with integration of my ati drivers.

I got a ATI Sapphire 5850 TOXIC edition.

And from a fresh install, windows 7 does not have any drivers for me. So im running in a resolution of 800x600 with 16bit.. I decided to integrate my ati drivers, and reformatted my system. It was like the driver newer was integrated. Still showed up in 800x600 with 16 bit, and i had to find my driver in my downloaded drivers map.. How come ben?. I selected multiply drivers so i was sure that i took the correct drivers. I could choose between 10 drivers or something, i took them all..

Note Im running 64bit and the ati file only contain 64 bit drivers.

I think you extracted the exe and located the inf file right? Download the driver from driver packs and check it. Setup will look for related sys and dll files...

Thanks for the quick answer, but what if i want some newer drivers that arent in drivers pack?. Fx some preview ones that works really great on my system.

edit

I can see that its only for vista?. I can safely use those drivers for win7 64?.

Edited by wazer