RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Don't be hurry. There may be unforeseen problems to be corrected. Remember that the tool is an REAL beta.

We know that.

How long is the tweak/unattended part suppose to take ?..

Its stuck but havent frozen..

Scrwe that.. im quitting, and now i recieved another.NET framework error..

Edited by grabben

it doesn't take long, if you got errors it is stuck. best to wait for new beta

Seemed like absolutely nothing happened.. just a slightly misplaced arrow spinning around at unattended.

Didnt freeze or mess up the computer, nothing happened for a long time.

First when i choosed to exit the program, it gave me the .NET Framework error and then it was cleaning temporary blabla, also that took some time.

Seemed like absolutely nothing happened.. just a slightly misplaced arrow spinning around at unattended.

First when i choosed to exit the program, it gave me the .NET Framework error and then it was cleaning temporary blabla, also that took some time.

Once you got some exception error....app will stop the remaining process.....ofcourse cleaning temp files needs some 1 min....to clean your mounted image. Anyhow next version will be released by tomorrow...

Once you got some exception error....app will stop the remaining process.....ofcourse cleaning temp files needs some 1 min....to clean your mounted image. Anyhow next version will be released by tomorrow...

Thumbs up :)

Any changelog ?

Thumbs up :)

Any changelog ?

I added some new features and fixed most of the things....I know all my previous versions removed some important files and tweaks not applied properly. I will put the changes in main site and here by tomorrow

How to Integrate Windows 7 SP1 Build 7601.16537 with RT Seven Lite ?

At this time only with reverse integration.

However if Ben decides to implement some SP1 integration option i am ofcorse happy to test it because i generally always have the leaked SP builds to test with.

Still i suppose integrating it wont be easy.Remember with vLite and SP1 & SP2?.MS could change something between them and it would totally break SP integration.

I thinks its best to wait until SP1 gets more mature and then starting to see if and how it can be integrated.The current build is a very early one and even in virtual machine it caused several problems.Also my friends have reported problems so if you decide to install it then dont do it on a 24/7 machine.Rather VPC or separate partition.

Hi, i have integrated all the security update with 7optimizer and tested the iso on virtualbox. The integration seem to be correct and the updates integrated all appear in the list of istallled hotfix. Now a can try to tweak the iso updated whit RT7 but I do so with the new release. So i wait for the new release.

Recent update: 976002 979683 980232 981332 890830 980302

Now i test a new iso (now 3,7gb)

EDIT: Also 978601 979309

Edited by Zumoc

Hi all

here is the changelog of the new version 1.05 from RT 7Lite main site

* You can select either ISO or OS folder path directly to start customization [NEW]

* You will receive new update notification on home tab [NEW]

* You can able to save session settings in your own name and change to other location [NEW]

* Information for all components added [NEW]

* Loading image process is changed [NEW]

* You can safely remove components now

* Missed to apply many tweaks in previous builds [FIXED]

* Theme not applied correctly in previous versions [FIXED]

* You can change Media sounds [NEW]

* Time zone listed in order [NEW]

* You can select ISO creation directly after simply loading a image [NEW]

* You can run RT Seven Lite under UAC enabled [NEW]

* Not warned users if adding same updates again in Integration [FIXED]

* Removed Flash components [NEW]

* Other major errors during integration [FIXED]

It sounds great i'm waiting to test it

I'm saddled win the win sysadmin duties at a small company.

I want to use RT Seven Lite to set up a very simple unattended install for a dozen or so laptops at work for an upgrade to Win7.

Am I correct that by the current terms of the license that is not allowed because I'm doing it at/for work?

I'm about to go crazy trying to do this by hand. My windows admin experience is very limited.

Thanks.

I'm saddled win the win sysadmin duties at a small company.

I want to use RT Seven Lite to set up a very simple unattended install for a dozen or so laptops at work for an upgrade to Win7.

Am I correct that by the current terms of the license that is not allowed because I'm doing it at/for work?

I'm about to go crazy trying to do this by hand. My windows admin experience is very limited.

Thanks.

Use it for your personal not workstation PC's or lap

Edited by bensam56

If you're looking into a way to do this for multiple machines, and want help automating it, consider using MDT 2010 (free), which is an MS tool for doing this, and is licensed for use in enterprise/business environments. It's also not going to remove features or modify the Windows source in any way, which will be a problem for you if you ever try to get support from MS on the installations of Windows on those laptops (technically it violates the EULA, and they *will* deny you support).

You are correct, however - similar to nLite/vLite, the RT7Lite EULA specifically states:

5. RT 7 Lite is free for personal use only; you cannot use it for any company or business purposes

If you're looking into a way to do this for multiple machines, and want help automating it, consider using MDT 2010 (free), which is an MS tool for doing this, and is licensed for use in enterprise/business environments. It's also not going to remove features or modify the Windows source in any way, which will be a problem for you if you ever try to get support from MS on the installations of Windows on those laptops (technically it violates the EULA, and they *will* deny you support).

You are correct, however - similar to nLite/vLite, the RT7Lite EULA specifically states:

5. RT 7 Lite is free for personal use only; you cannot use it for any company or business purposes

OK. Thanks. That's what I thought. I'll stick to trying to do it without 7lite/vlite/etc.

I do have MDT, but man does it seem hard to use.

I really just want a basic wizard to take care of all of the language, initial user, recommended settings, time zone prompts, etc. After that I have most the applications' silent installer settings.

It seems that the answer is to combine an unattended.xml file with my windows install media, but I've been trying to do this on and off for weeks and I'm now more confused than ever.