RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Tool is working in all languages. If you are facing Required files are missing then,

* uninstall all old version folders from program files

* disable UAC settings completely

* Disable antivirus completely

* Keep the temporary folder in C drive not any other drives.

* Install Adobe activeX

If you changed temp folder from primary parition to any other location then it will give that error. I checked users via team viewer and all made the same mistake. Now the problem is resolved. No errors in coding wise.

I will put some list like what are the components can be removed safely. In this new version you can add files not to be deleted.

I just installed a fresh system, WAIK for 7, + Current Adobe Flash. I have UAC disabled, + No Anti-Virus at all.

I have never installed any previous versions, yet I still get this error.

FYI, it is a laptop with a single partition, the temp directory is not moved either.

EDIT: Just to be sure, I also installed VMware in case you actually require VMware on the build machine.

Edited by MrJinje

I just installed a fresh system, WAIK for 7, + Current Adobe Flash. I have UAC disabled, + No Anti-Virus at all.

FYI, it is a laptop with a single partition, the temp directory is not moved either.

EDIT: Just to be sure, I also installed VMware in case you actually require VMware on the build machine.

Update from developer BEN

Package had some problem itself and the new package is being uploaded in few minutes.

He has manually fixed mine problem and now working fully perfectly

Download the new installer my friend....i uploaded a new package. Sorry for any inconvenience

Download the new installer my friend....i uploaded a new package. Sorry for any inconvenience

New link is giving me this

404 - Component not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite

2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site

3. a mistyped address

4. you have no access to this page

5. The requested resource was not found.

6. An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

* Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Component not found

The link provided on the website is invalid and being correct.

The link i have posted here is working fine

In new build 1.3.0.0 I cant see new optional theme, sidebar and new background when windows logon into first time, still default from microsoft. Thanks for this GreatMax tool. Viva from Indonesia. sorry with my English

Two quick things I notice

1) Driver tab seems limited to a single driver at a time, cannot add a folder ?? or am I missing something.

a) Why is one of my drivers in a high-lighted with maroon color. Does that mean anything ?

2) Update tab cannot find my .CAB updates, the GUI is limiting the Choose File dialog to .MSU file type only. It should allow both .CAB + .MSU file types.

1) Driver tab seems limited to a single driver at a time, cannot add a folder ?? or am I missing something.

a) Why is one of my drivers in a high-lighted with maroon color. Does that mean anything ?

2) Update tab cannot find my .CAB updates, the GUI is limiting the Choose File dialog to .MSU file type only. It should allow both .CAB + .MSU file types.

driver may be for 32 and tried to add in 64 bit and vice-versa.

i will update .cab in next release my friend....

After a few hours (97%) it crashed with this error.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\MrJinje\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Tablet PC' is denied.

at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.permanentlyRemove() in D:\project-II\New folder\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 37401
at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\project-II\New folder\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 2311

#1 yes it should allow adding folders.Trust me its a pain in tha a** to manually add 87 different .inf files one-by-one

Still i am unable to even start this program.Simply crashes when started.Tried every single compability option but still same:

r7litesw.jpg

Windows 7 Ultimate N x64 +Fully updated

WAIK for Win7

Latest Adobe Flash

UAC Disabled

No Anti-Virus installed

Installed .NET:

nete.jpg

Error messages:

r7liteerror.jpg

And:

Log Name:      Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 13.03.2010 12:22:33
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Custom
Description:
Fault bucket 1035746046, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: rtwin7lite.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 4b99e018
P4: RTWin7Lite
P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 4b99e018
P7: 15
P8: e9
P9: System.InvalidOperationException
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA039.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_rtwin7lite.exe_bed885b058e1b06c4f4e2458a1721cf673324271_05d2b547

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 52adb5de-2e8a-11df-87a7-0015f2c80684
Report Status: 0
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-03-13T10:22:33.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2035</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Custom</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>1035746046</Data>
<Data>5</Data>
<Data>CLR20r3</Data>
<Data>Not available</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>rtwin7lite.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4b99e018</Data>
<Data>RTWin7Lite</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4b99e018</Data>
<Data>15</Data>
<Data>e9</Data>
<Data>System.InvalidOperationException</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA039.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
<Data>C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_rtwin7lite.exe_bed885b058e1b06c4f4e2458a1721cf673324271_05d2b547</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>52adb5de-2e8a-11df-87a7-0015f2c80684</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Another idea I had was to integrate some of the known issues with package removal. With vLite/7, we have to mess around and maintain a keep list of certain DLL's or it will break. Would be nice if we could integrate that sort of logic into the app.

In this new version you can add files not to be deleted.

That's nice, but not what exactly what I was getting at, it would be simpler if 7lite could be programmed to know which important DLL's to keep, without requiring every user to be a brain scientist.

Another idea I had was to integrate some of the known issues with package removal. With vLite/7, we have to mess around and maintain a keep list of certain DLL's or it will break. Would be nice if we could integrate that sort of logic into the app.

In this new version you can add files not to be deleted.

That's nice, but not what exactly what I was getting at, it would be simpler if 7lite could be programmed to know which important DLL's to keep, without requiring every user to be a brain scientist.

you are right....i will make a list and make it in a popup window

How about a script that collects required WAIK files into the 7Lite folder. Just something so that each person can create their own "portable 7Lite" from their locally installed copy.

Maybe if we can get a successful method for that, each person will only need to install the WAIK once (and then uninstall it). I think that avoids any redistribution issues, and resolves the complaints about having to install WAIK over and over, what do you think.