Rig Update?

vegettoxp

Hello there Guys, I just wanted to get your opinions before I pull the trigger on updating current system hardware. Just to let you know, I happy with my current rig, but I have that crazy habbit that I need to keep it up-to-date with news toys. I just wanted to ask you and have your look at my Rig Config and let me know what I need to update. Thank you for your time and help!

My Current Rig Info:

Case - CM HAF92 (I am not 100% happy, maybe looking for a new one)

PS - Corsair - HX620

Motherboard - Asus Maximus Formula SE (Chiptset X38)

Processor - Intell QX9770 (Quad-Core)

System Ram - G-SKills 8GB

Graphic Card - ATI 5850

Your Thoughs on Updates?

Josh

dude, you are up to date. no reason to change that at all unless you're doing intense video editing. it's a monster already. besides, it's probably idling half the time anyway.

LOL, I agree. But I just feel that I don't have the latest toy. I am pretty sure that some of you get that feeling where it feeling that the Hardware in your PC is Old and needs to be updates. I am happy with my system, just crazy Habbits. So you thinks that I don't need to update anything?

Sounds like you have money to burn. If you can wait a month or three, nVidia will be releasing its next generation video hardware. I would wait.

Sounds like you have money to burn. If you can wait a month or three, nVidia will be releasing its next generation video hardware. I would wait.

My feeling isn't to burn cash, I need to save cash. I just want to make sure that I have all the latest toys for my puppy.

lol, well, if you need to save cash, realize that you've got basically got a pretty **** fast rig.

i mean, your sig is out of date, but your rig is recent enough. With a Core 2 Extreme, unless you're willing to toss $600+ to replace your mobo, RAM and CPU....but honestly, not worth it unless you're going to be able to use it (blu-ray video editing or such).