more than a router?

*sigh* so, im kind of at my wits end here. im currently living in my parents house, and they run a foster home. theres 6 kids her altogether, and everyone has a laptop, or psp, or xbox 360.

everythings running off of my wrt54gt router, with tomato. its working find, but were running into problems with control.

for instance, one kid plays his xbox 360 ALL THE TIME, like..always. its a struggle to get him to eat or sleep. its crazy. unfortunately we have to be relatively passive, because of legel restrictions. we cant jsut go and take his xbox. if he gets aggressive, we cant tough him.

so i use access restrictions on tomato to disable his live, until he does what he needs to do.

the thing is, we want to be able to put in a restriction rule like....i dont know, 4 hours per day, or something. so if his MAC is online, it will be blocked from the internet after 4 hours.

wed also like to block certain content, like XXX rated stuff.

ont op of ALL THAT, i need a friendly desktop gui my mom or dad can use to do all this. they cant be messing around in tomato firmwares writing scripts. i need GUI.

it seems to me that this all goes beyond the limits of my little linksys. what can i do? should i build a firewall out of a little desktop pc? can you recommend some software for that?

I don't know that I can be of MUCH help, but I can help suggest one way at least to help filter content. That's one thing that definitely goes beyond the limits of your little linksys, especially if its anything like my old one lol. But try OpenDNS, you can just go change the DNS servers in your routers interface to the OpenDNS servers, and then just let your parents deal with the interface of the website where they can choose from over 20 different kinds of content to filter. Plus its got numerous other benefits as well, and all for free. Can't beat that with a big huge stick lolz..

Then maybe you can find some other kind of software to restrict times, but none come to my head right off sadly.