[help]winxp sp2 in ACER Ferrari One 200

jangdini

dear all,

my name is dini.

i have some problem in installing winxp sp2 in ACER Ferrari One 200(AMD M870G chipset).

I tried many times to slipstream winxp with AMD AHCI Compatible RAID (begin with version 3.1.1540.61, 3.10.1540.64 and 3.1.1540.61)

When i begin installation of xp error comes up corrupted file ahcix86.sys, cannot continue and press any key then restart

please help me

thanks

Welcome to MSFN. I have two questions in order to help you:

1. How do you slipstream the AHCI driver?

2. Where did you get the driver?

Hi Sp0iLedBrAt, thanks for the replay

I integrate the AHCI driver using nlite. I found step doing this in http://komku.blogspot.com/2007/11/integrate-driver-into-windows.html)

I refer to http://komku.blogspot.com/2008/09/acer-aspire-5530-and-5530g-windows-xp.html

because i think it work in acer ferarri one which have same chipset ie: AMD M870G

I Try these driver separately:

http://www.mediafire.com/?08kkyiuom3h

http://www.mediafire.com/?nhntlmzomu8

http://www.mediafire.com/?slzejazmfz8

but all came with same results, i got "file ahcix86.sys corrupted" message in installation process

Is the model Acer Ferrari one 200 actually model 1200? According to the manufacturer website, in XP Pro and Home it doesn't use AMD AHCI, but JMicron SATA drivers. I'm prety sure they are also available for download by Fernando1, so you could give it a try, or wait for Fernando1 to confirm.

Is the model Acer Ferrari one 200 actually model 1200? According to the manufacturer website, in XP Pro and Home it doesn't use AMD AHCI, but JMicron SATA drivers. I'm prety sure they are also available for download by Fernando1, so you could give it a try, or wait for Fernando1 to confirm.

Yes, Acer Ferrari One 200 mostly similar with Ferrari 1200 (but different in processor). I have tried the driver(JMB36X_WinDrv_WHQL_R1.17.28WHQL.zip) you advised but got the same problems in installing process. I have run CPUID to get information from motherboard. The Result are follow:

Chipset:AMD780G, Southbridge:SB750, HD:Hitachi THS545032B9A300. I have tried 32bit_ATI_SB7xx_RAID&AHCI_driver_v9-4_WHQL.zip too but same problem :(

I would suggest you check your BIOS settings to see if SATA/RAID/AHCI mode is enabled and which options you have. Also, if your PC has an OS installed on it, open Device Manager and search for a SATA/RAID/AHCI controller. Open it and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs. Copy the first two lines and paste them here. It is a pretty reliable way of finding the exact manufacturer.

BTW, which method are you using to slipstream the driver into the CD?

Edit: it never occurred to me to look it up as a netbook, I only searched as a notebook. Is this what you have? Acer's download page only has support for Windows 7, and it did not list any SATA drivers.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Yes, Acer Ferrari One 200 mostly similar with Ferrari 1200 (but different in processor). I have tried the driver(JMB36X_WinDrv_WHQL_R1.17.28WHQL.zip) you advised but got the same problems in installing process. I have run CPUID to get information from motherboard. The Result are follow:

Chipset:AMD780G, Southbridge:SB750, HD:Hitachi THS545032B9A300. I have tried 32bit_ATI_SB7xx_RAID&AHCI_driver_v9-4_WHQL.zip too but same problem :(

have you tried everest??? it gives the exact name of the controller... but it seems that it is JMicron, just try everest or send a message...

sorry for the late replay, kinda busy last week

@Sp0iLedBrAt

-In BIOS there are two option IDE MODE and AHCI MODE. I got those problem on AHCI Mode. Installation are work fine in IDE Mode. The built-in OS is Win 7 which many of program from my discipline couldn't install in it. So i hardly to try installing xp, after many times failed in AHCI mode, i finally use IDE mode to install it. And because of that i can't paste in here about Detail Hardware IDs. But before format it, i have read like 'ahci sata 1.0 controller' under Device Manager. I still corious install it in AHCI Mode....

-I had slipstreamed SATA driver for couple times, i learned it from nlite Forum. I used single txt mode driver method.

-Yes sir, the type of that portable computer is Netbook.

@bsl140990

I got results as same as CPUID, the southbridge is SB750.