1. 1. Top Business Language

• English
    • Mandarin Chinese
    • French
    • German
    • Arabic
    • Another

Hi all,

I have googled over the Internet to find an answer to that question that can be updated but I couldn't find one.

So I post this topic to help me to get an answer for that question.

and sure if you've another opinion feel free to post :thumbup

I think English language is the most widely used in Business practice in the world. In my great adventures with Uncle Sam I had to learn a couple of languages so that it would be easier for me to communicate with the people of that country and make friends within the country side folk. The hardest language for me to learn was Korean but that's me. German was an easy one, and so was Spanish. If I really voiced the true Business language it would probably get me banned.

jd

I guess it also depends on where you are located. I am sure that in China, Chinese is the top language! Or say, if I call someone in Taiwan, they speak English but usually not very well. I am certain they would be glad if I could speak their language instead.

China and India have fast rising economies and a lot of population, so that would be a good starting point on learning a business language.

@tain: I like your logic ;) . I also enjoyed the fact that three large institutions can only partially agree on numbers, a number itself being something that is very definitive.

That doesn't mean that I'll going to learn Japanese and Chinese. bcoz these language will going to serve only 2 countries not the whole entire world that is why I don't think it may be useful as another language to learn.

How widespread is the use of the language? Is it spoken in one country? Two? Many countries?

Is the language used for international communication?

Is there anyway to know the language distribution in the world?

Edited by xtremee