Having Trouble with Unattended n-lite Features

pansophysr

Through trial and error, I have a preferred Windows XP Pro configuration that suits me. It removes stuff I don't need and sets a lot of my preferences.

My problem comes when I try to change the setup in the Unattended Section, namely deleting a user and adding a different one. If I do this, and look in the Last Session_u.ini file, the change is there. However, when I do a test install in a VM, the number of users is increased by one (the new one is there, but so is the one that I deleted). I assumed that making this change and re-running n-Lite on the previously modified installation would do the trick, but apparently I am wrong.

Three questions:

Must I start with a new/fresh unaltered Win XP each time?

If not, what am I doing wrong in the Unattended section of n-lite?

In which file is this information stored on the CD? Could I just edit the information there?

HOwever, I find nothing in the WINNT.SIF file or the TXTSETUP.sif file and I have no idea if this info is in on of the other 336 *.txt files on the CD.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

P.

In which file is this information stored on the CD? Could I just edit the information there?

pansophysr, the answer to the first question above is YES! You can always use your Last Session to begin again with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders. Trying to find and change just the things needed is asking for trouble and I am do not know where to suggest to start, except to not start. Enjoy, John.

pansophysr, the answer to the first question above is YES! You can always use your Last Session to begin again with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders. Trying to find and change just the things needed is asking for trouble and I am do not know where to suggest to start, except to not start. Enjoy, John.

Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but good advice, nevertheless. I would be foolish not to take it.

Thanks,

P

nLite can`t delete Users that were created in a former session.

Even if you delete this settings in your "Last Session.ini",

the settings were written to your XP-Source and can`t be undone by nLite.