Programming MS Wireless Keyboard

This may not exactly be an XP question, but a software question. Basically you are looking to create a keyboard macro to do a certain task. You have multiple ways of doing this, but there are a couple things you'll have to figure out:

How to set a specific key to run a program. For example, you may have a key you can press that opens your Email, or opens your browser. You may have some generic programmable keys, or the ability to change how those other keys work. Your keyboard should have come with software to manage these keys, so check in there. Alternatively, there are third party programs you can try that will remap keys, or even key combinations.

Second you are going to need to figure out what your program is going to do. This could be a batch/cmd, or a program created from a scripting engine (AutoIT, Kix) or a programming engine (VBasic, C++) or a script file (VBScript, Powershell). Each one will be different as to how the script works, and not all of the above may be capable of doing what you want.

I'm pretty sure this topic should be elsewhere, but not sure if Software, Hardware or Programming. I'll leave it here for now to see if any replies can help determine what direction this topic will go in.

This may not exactly be an XP question, but a software question. Basically you are looking to create a keyboard macro to do a certain task. You have multiple ways of doing this, but there are a couple things you'll have to figure out:

How to set a specific key to run a program. For example, you may have a key you can press that opens your Email, or opens your browser. You may have some generic programmable keys, or the ability to change how those other keys work. Your keyboard should have come with software to manage these keys, so check in there. Alternatively, there are third party programs you can try that will remap keys, or even key combinations.

Second you are going to need to figure out what your program is going to do. This could be a batch/cmd, or a program created from a scripting engine (AutoIT, Kix) or a programming engine (VBasic, C++) or a script file (VBScript, Powershell). Each one will be different as to how the script works, and not all of the above may be capable of doing what you want.

I'm pretty sure this topic should be elsewhere, but not sure if Software, Hardware or Programming. I'll leave it here for now to see if any replies can help determine what direction this topic will go in.

I can do the programming of the keyboard no problems. But the scripting i will have problems with.

Righty-Oh!

Our wonderful scripting masters are going to need you to do some work for them before they can point you in the right direction. REMEMBER: some people might offer code to you, but do not expect that we can do the work for you!

OK that out of the way, let's break down your request. Correct me if I am wrong in any of this:

- You want a key/button to be used as a toggle.

- If you are not logged in, you want to log in.

- If you are logged in, you want to log out.

Now we need to know what do you mean by "log in" and "log out."

1. Are you using a certain program?

2. Do you mean log into Windows, a website, a network share? Or are you using PPPoE (ISDN/A/DSL) or Radius (Dial-Up)?

3. What OS are you using?

4. Do you have Administrator rights?

If you can think of any other important info, please post it.

Moving to Programming!