Windows 7 x64 hangs on Shutdown and Reboot

Chilus

Hi,

I have a problem with shutting down and rebooting windows 7 on x64.

It takes about 7 minutes and it occures in about 90% of the cases.

Very annoying indeed!

I already read alot about this on the internet, as it's a common problem with W7

Some causes were given:

- M-audio driver had a bug

- Power management on usb ports and firewire

- Nvidia graphic driver

But I failed to fix the problem and I'm kinda desperate at the moment.

I have a clean install of windows 7 and the problem started to occure when installing Nvidia driver.

One fix I used was a .bat command: net stop "nvsvc" (before shutting down)

That didn't work either...

I already traced the shutdown, see the picture.

Can somebody help me? If I need to send more pictures of the shutdown trace, just say so :)

Chilus

post-280989-126738107452_thumb.jpg

From that screenshot, it takes about 100 seconds for sppsvc to stop and about 140 seconds for mmcss. Those services are the Software Protection Platform Service and Multimedia Class Scheduler Service respectively. The first is part of the Windows Activation Technologies so I am guessing there is something interfering with that, the latter is probably due to a buggy audio driver.

• 1 month later...

From that screenshot, it takes about 100 seconds for sppsvc to stop and about 140 seconds for mmcss. Those services are the Software Protection Platform Service and Multimedia Class Scheduler Service respectively. The first is part of the Windows Activation Technologies so I am guessing there is something interfering with that, the latter is probably due to a buggy audio driver.

Hi Chilus,

I had 2 clients who had the same issue. Dou you have a TV Tuner attached to your computer? What wee did was to disable it from the Device manager which is normally under Multimedia or Sound controller.

Hth,