.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Project

blackwingcat

I released .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for Windows 2000 RC2b on 11th May.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1095338.html (Japanese)

System requirement

* Windows 2000 SP4 and SRP1.

* .NET Framework 2.0 SP2

Better settings

* KDLLInst Ez KD Registry

* Ez Install kernel32 to \WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

I Checked application which works on Windows 2000.

* Seesmic for Desktop / Seesmic Look

* Manictime

* Equation Graph Maker

* Pinta

* softalk + XComBCX

* Paint.NET v3.5.4

* TMPGEnc MPEG Editior 3

* sobees

* Radika

* web.config security analyzer

* SlimDX

* XNA

Uncompletely worked application.

* Evernote 3.5

* NicoPITA SE

How to install and usage described on my blog (Japanese)

Almost WPF application requires ezinstall kernel32 and user32.

Some software requires also ws2_32 and wtsapi32.

Edited by blackwingcat

I have been taking a look to your method to see whether it could be adaptable to SNMsynth. I'm surprised you install .NET 3.0 SP2 not modifying it apparently, I suppose you have patched also vs_setup.msi but still don't know how. I don't know what the update from patch folder does appart from copying patched dlls where all magic seems to reside (that's beyond my habilities). I also understand KDW is used on EZ mode for not replacing system files but running KDW only to execute .NET 3.5 SP1 applications.

Your solution is obviously a totally different approach, and don't know if it could get to be highly effective; so don't know it would worth it, but I think it may fit with SNMsynth and want to know what do you think about it.

Edited by strel

Hi,strel.

I have looked SNMsynth at first time.

My .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for Win2000 Installer mechanizm based on that .NET 3.0 SP2 Installer and .NET 3.5 Installer can install without modify with correct order.

I used no patched vs_setup.msi for installation .NET 3.5 SP1.

After install them, update.exe I hacked patches for Windows 2000.

And I packed them IExpress Installer :)

I apologize for this question, but what programs/applications/services utilize or require the .NET framework? I've just started updating my laptop w/ win2k sp4 which I haven't used since April 2007. It doesn't have any versions of .NET on it per Add/Remove programs.

I've only run into one program which stated a requirement for .NET & I think that was Nero 9.

Hello!

I apologize for this question, but what programs/applications/services utilize or require the .NET framework? I've just started updating my laptop w/ win2k sp4 which I haven't used since April 2007. It doesn't have any versions of .NET on it per Add/Remove programs.

I've only run into one program which stated a requirement for .NET & I think that was Nero 9.

AutoDesk DWG TrueView

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12433125

TurboTax 2009

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/kb/installing/system-requirements/7559.html

Microsoft Identity Manager 2010

http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/identitymanager/en/us/system-requirements.aspx

Paint.net 3.5.4

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Regards, Roman

Hello!

AutoDesk DWG TrueView

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12433125

TurboTax 2009

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/kb/installing/system-requirements/7559.html

Microsoft Identity Manager 2010

http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/identitymanager/en/us/system-requirements.aspx

Paint.net 3.5.4

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Regards, Roman

Thanks Roman,

I have a better idea what kinds of programs utilize the .net framework. MS installed several versions of .net on my winxp computers via automatic updates, but I couldn't figure out what .net did. All my google hits were directed towards web developers - not program developers - and the articles were all over my head.

• 2 months later...

I followed these instructions, and seemed to get the framework installed fine. My problem is the framework includes WPF, as you pointed out, but what all else needs to be installed for WPF specifically? I am missing something just following these steps because my application is still returning Presentation Framework errors, specifically system.windows.markup.xamlparse.

Is there a specific set of requirements or steps I can follow for .net 3.0/3.5 for a WPF application?

Is there a specific set of requirements or steps I can follow for .net 3.0/3.5 for a WPF application?

Hi Rollie.

Of course, .NET Framework 3.5SP1 for Windows 2000 includes also WPF.

I wrote in myblog how to run .NET Framework 3.x applications on Windows 2000.

It may need You use KDW kernel32 in Ez install mode and check with Ez KD registry.

Some application requires also user32 wrapper.

I checked some applications work on Windows 2000.

But there are any applications which doesn't work.

If you hava WPF applications which you would not run. I try to run them.

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi!

This looks like a great idea, but it doesn't work properly; when I try to install Paint.NET, the installer extracts the neccesary installation files, but the actual installation program never starts.

Hi,

I tried .Net Paint 3.5.4 before.

Where fase did you fail installation ?

Hi!

This looks like a great idea, but it doesn't work properly; when I try to install Paint.NET, the installer extracts the neccesary installation files, but the actual installation program never starts.

Edited by blackwingcat

I run the installer, wich begins to extract neccesary installation files. It finishes, and then nothing happends. Oh well, not really nothing, I see a flash on the screen wich might be the installation program, but nothing happends.

When I installed .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 I was told to install another update wich would improve compatibility, but I didn't do that. Could that be the cause of my problem? I also have the Swedish version on Windows 2000, while your version of .NET is in English/Japanese. Can I use Microsofts standard language pack for language support?

EDIT: I checked the temp directory, and the PdnSetup folder was empty, even though the installer clearly extracted files to it.

Edited by Svenne

Hi Svenne.

I think that it is not necessarily .Net Framework 3.x Swedish version support.

Of course you can install swedish language package with a little change it.

You can check the following way as .Net Framework 3.x was installed on your computer.

* open 'my computer'.

* input address bar 'c:\winnt\assembly' (or c:\windows\assemblu)

* sort with version.

* look at version column.

* If exist each other about 30 components ,PresentationCore and Windows.Base , .etc in version 3.0.0.0 and version 3.5.0.0, you successed to install .Net framework 3.5 for Windows 2000 on your computer.

82f68a94.png

I run the installer, wich begins to extract neccesary installation files. It finishes, and then nothing happends. Oh well, not really nothing, I see a flash on the screen wich might be the installation program, but nothing happends.

When I installed .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 I was told to install another update wich would improve compatibility, but I didn't do that. Could that be the cause of my problem? I also have the Swedish version on Windows 2000, while your version of .NET is in English/Japanese. Can I use Microsofts standard language pack for language support?

EDIT: I checked the temp directory, and the PdnSetup folder was empty, even though the installer clearly extracted files to it.

Extracted the files manually with 7-zip, and tried to run the file PaintDotNet.msi in the folder $_OUTDIR. It resulted in this error message:

post-290980-127500341204_thumb.png

Translated to english:

This installation package is not supported by this CPU type. Please contact the hardware reseller.

CPU: Intel Celeron III Tualatin 1200 Mhz.