Win 7 = 7 times the headache

rockerz

recently win7 did a window update by itself

after that no sound from computer

usb 2 not recognise ... i have to buy a new usb adapter for ipod no reason

after formatting and installing winxp

all above dieases were gone

Well, a lot of hardware manufacturers have already made compatible drivers for Win7, but the list is not complete. I understand the benefits of automatic updates, but I am a person that wants to be in control of what goes in, so I disable them. It would have been nice if you had some kind of a log file to show what caused the problem.

It would help if you would have posted a question rather than a statement. Hopefully this was cathartic for you, but otherwise this is a useless post.

It would help if you would have posted a question rather than a statement. Hopefully this was cathartic for you, but otherwise this is a useless post.

sorry i be more careful in my ..... don't mistaken me

because i cannot use my win7 ...thats all... i was the first day buyer for winxp buying a new system

i miss the new colourful desktop the new explorer

no sound is not win7 prob its creative prob from vista the cannot do the rigth thing

i also own vista and when back to win xp the sound not rigth ... you can tell xp sound and other version sound the dif

That is interesting, as I am using a Creative card in Win7 without any problems, even full 5.1 surround works.

Anyways, you should change your Windows Updates to download but let you choose what to install. That way it won't install anything you don't know about already. I just set up my home PC with 7 today, and saw right away it wanted to download an update for Creative but I chose not to since I had just installed the Win7 drivers and everything works fine.

Which sound card do you have? I am using a Sound Blaster Gamer PCI. I bought it in 2002.

That is interesting, as I am using a Creative card in Win7 without any problems, even full 5.1 surround works.

Anyways, you should change your Windows Updates to download but let you choose what to install. That way it won't install anything you don't know about already. I just set up my home PC with 7 today, and saw right away it wanted to download an update for Creative but I chose not to since I had just installed the Win7 drivers and everything works fine.

Which sound card do you have? I am using a Sound Blaster Gamer PCI. I bought it in 2002.

;'

i am using creative pci and 7.1 speaker

i am more to gaming

with sound there is n games

I haven't tried any games yet because I am currently running without a video card. Before I had installed Win7, I made sure to find my sound card drivers on Creative's site. It was not very easy since looking up the model number had zero results. I found elsewhere it was an Audigy 2 equivalent. After I installed the driver, the computer wanted to reboot. After the reboot the Creative update wizard opened up and it downloaded new Audio HQ and Alchemy versions.

Also I had to set my BIOS to disable onboard audio, and had to configure 7 to use my card as 5.1, because by default Windows Sound wanted to only use 2 speakers.