GELID GC-Extreme vs AS5

03GrandAmGT

Hi, was curious if anyone here has tried and what results they had with this GELID GC-Extreme Thermal Paste. Getting ready to do some cpu swapping and if this product is better than AS5 then I’ll try it myself. Have looked around at the reviews of this stuff and it really seems to be a “HOT” product (no pun intended). Been a long time user of AS5 and again, just wondering if this product is any better. Read many comments about the stuff and all have favorable content.

Google Search length of 118 characters of link shortened

http://tinyurl.com/yjbow6o

Thanks

jd

I'm not sure, seeing a typo on their product page that's from a quoted source doesn't instill much confidence in me.

I'd never heard of Gelid before either. One that I had done testing for, and may be worth looking into further is Innovation Cooling Diamond 7. Shaved a good 9C off my existing Thermalright paste with my E6750, and keeps my Q9400 with an original Scythe Ninja running at ~34C under regular usage (not idle, but not full load either).

I can't say I ever used Arctic Silver on my current computers, I had some old tubes of it that I used with my older P4 rigs, but not anymore.