How can I work with program list ?

Patosan

Firstly I'd like to say THANK GOD ! I've had months of frustration trying integration of ie8 & wmp11 into my Jpn XPsp2 source with various applications incl nLite ... all resulting in errors at some stage, but HFslip does the job. However I do have a basic question.

On going to Add/Remove prog to view the resultant vpc install instead of seeing ie8, wmp11 runtime, etc I only see "HFSLIP Total Slipstream (v1.7.9. build091109). The view is the same when using Easy Cleaner's Add/Remove, where I can usually see hotfixes.

Is this unavoidable ?

How could I remove a hotfix in the future ?

You can't. Everything was "slipstreamed" (just like a Service Pack). Only other option is to run the Installers post-OS-install or separately during install so they will be "seen and uninstallable". I believe this may be an "option" in both nLite and HFSlip (not sure); check the documentation on How-To.

Edited by submix8c

That's disappointing since hotfixes are being replaced by newer ones monthly.

I believe "nLite installs" show wmp11, ie8 programs and hotfixes too, so they can be removed if need be in the future. Thus the system looks just as it would if you had manually done it ... much preferrable. I must go back and check my past attempts.

Edited by Patosan

nLite is basically the same way...

Think about it for a second. When you use hfslip or nLite the original files and entries are FULLY replaced with newer ones...

The old files\entries DO NOT exist at all to windows. Therefore windows would have nothing to fall back on when you call the uninstaller.

This topic IS something I had never thought about in all my unsuccessful attempts to create an updated, unattended XP CD. Hotfixes are usually visible in 3rd party Add/Remove applications, I use Easy Cleaner, but not in windows Add/Remove.

Well I installed in vpc an old CD I nLited; hotfixes, tweaks and unattend only ... the hotfixes are visible, strangely in BOTH Easy Cleaner & windows ! Can't remember now how many I used in nLite but can see 7 in vpc. As you say the integrated (pre nLite) integrated sp3 is not visible, whereas in my host pc where I manually installed sp3 it IS visible. A nLite application is not however visible unlike HFslip.

Out of all this jumble I'll say that you are quite right ... integrated things generally are not visible in Add/Remove and cannot be removed.