MAC. (old) EXT. hdd open with windows 7

help me PLEASEI have people come in with hard drives format with mac OS and need to open and work in windows 7 ...I am in pro tools HD and this using a G4 to open then over the network to the PC is time consuming and stinks... I have tried to open with software but the HDD ends up in the printers and other devices area not in the =computer area. USB 2.0 to link and most mac's are panther or older(10.3)....what do I do or what do I break to get this working ??????

Thanks

First thing don't panic. :)

Let's tackle this with some calm, I can understand maybe half of what you posted.

An external hard disk is a hard disk, no matter which filesystem(s) are on it.

There are softwares able to read MAC filesystems:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8587&hl=

Maybe you should describe the problem you are having with some details, and one thing at the time.

jaclaz

well I got out-the-box for a moment...here is whats happening, I have win 7 on a PC with Pro-tools audio soft and hardware installed. Pro-tools was mac based for ever and now is windows based too.This leads customers to bring to my shop external HDD's with the audio and PT (pro-tools) files or sessions that were worked on at home or at other shops in to me and want me and my PC to open load and work on them. When the files are from a mac I have a G4 on the network and plug the HDD into the USB port and load on to the shared folder in the mac, then move the files to the PC , then, open in the PC to work on them. I was looking to leave the Mac out of the loop and load to the PC directly.I plugged in the "MAC" drive to my office PC and got the HDD in the devices and printers area of the start menu, not the computer area that shows the other HDD's. I attempted to open the "MAC" drive by looking at computer management / storage and found the drive in question as drive #5. I asked HFS to open using path,file or device and it tells me invalid hfs type. program supports HFS - HFS PLUS-X-Wrapped. I think that is all that there is. SO long story short how do I get mac files on the PC with out opening in a mac????

Thanks again