Noobie Help (again) for SATA driver addition

whispers

Hey Gang--

Im bout to slipstream SP3 into my XP Install disk...

however I want to be sure I add SATA drivers to this version..

specifically right now I need SATA HD drivers for an IBM Lenovo Thinkpad (not sure of model number off hand..I think C or Z 61?)

Is there a 'generic' SATA driver that can be used? or is this something I need to find the specific SATA driver for?

would I search on IBM for chip set stuff? or would it be specific to SATA drivers?

so to summarize:

need to add SATA support to an XP Install disk.. so I can boot an IBM laptop so I can un-install the 'hotfix' it took the other day... (is now getting BSOD)

Thanks for any direction/help.. (its appreciated)

Edited by whispers

Sorry, no generic drivers. You have to find the correct model of your notebook on Lenovo's website and find/download/tell us the correct version/manufacturer of the drivers.

Thanks.. I think I found the correct ones..

however when I slip streamed SP3 as well as the SATA drivers...

(I believe I also chose make bootable)..

the CD is NOT bootable..

not sure what I did wrong ..or what a quick fix qould even be to make this disk 'bootable' now..

suggestions?

Even if you have deleted the Folder with XP from your PC, it's still not terrible. Copy it back from the CD. Then open nLite and point it to the XP folder. Choose only the last option Create bootable ISO and make the ISO choosing the mkisofs instead of the default engine. When the ISO is created, use ImgBurn to burn the ISO directly to a CD/DVD.