Looking of IEAK 4 Customisation Code

woody.cool

Hi all,

I'm in the process of creating custom CDs with customised IE versions for my several old systems.

I've been using IEAK to do this. In the past, I once registered to get a customisation code from MS and got one for IEAK 5/5.5, but I'm also requiring a customisation code for IEAK 4.

Obviously, MS no longer support this software, and plenty of internet searches have yielded poor results.

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, a customisation code for IEAK 4.x please?

Cheers

woody.cool

Google search IEAK4 - 125mb CD (zipped) is available (first one listed) - just unzip and make an ISO/Burn.

Don't know if the IE4 component sites on MS are still available though...

I already have the IEAK4 software, just not the customisation code.

Also, the link with the download points to a page on Microsoft's web site that no longer exists

Edited by woody.cool

<snip>Don't know if the IE4 component sites on MS are still available though...

I already have the IEAK4 software, just not the customisation code.

Also, the link with the download points to a page on Microsoft's web site that no longer exists

I think I said that (see quotes). IE4.01 SP2 (AFAIK) was the last version of IE4 in existence. IE4DOM could raise it to 128-bit (starts as 40-bit). Get that, overlay the appropriate files in the DOWNLOAD folder (may/may not work) and customize it. You do not need to "synchronize" (no longer available, dude) the files.

I just did a new install of Win95 4.00.950 (original RTM, no IE), installed IE4.01 SP2, then IEAK4, and it works just fine as I said in last paragraph.

For that matter, why do you even need IE4? It's useless since IE5.5 SP2 works on Win95, Win98, Win98SE, WINME, WINNT4.

(...And what do you mean by "customization code"???)