System hangs while trying to download or watch on line videos

Nic303

My system hangs while trying to download someting from internet or watch videos.

In Firefox & IE cpu raise to 85%

I have AMD Dual core optimizer for CPU (Athlon X2 5000+) and latest drivers for network adapter(Realtek 8169/8110) and video card(8600GT)

In stress tests the system is stable.

My system hangs while trying to download someting from internet or watch videos.

In Firefox & IE cpu raise to 85%

I have AMD Dual core optimizer for CPU (Athlon X2 5000+) and latest drivers for network adapter(Realtek 8169/8110) and video card(8600GT)

In stress tests the system is stable.

Hmmm... You don't have a download manager, but you're seeing high CPU when downloading files, and it spans two different browsers. The only thing in common between Firefox and IE on a Windows machine is at the socket layer and the filesystem itself, so either it's an LSP on the network stack (like antivirus/antimalware, 3rd party firewall, etc), the network driver itself, or a filesystem filter driver (again, antivirus would have a hook here).

Id definitely look for signs of malware or disable your AVs real time protection to see if that alleviates your problem as cluberti suggested

firefoxs auto session save feature can also cause problems too (though it wouldnt explain the IE issues)

http://lifehacker.com/5342636/how-to-fix-annoying-youtube-jumpiness-in-firefox

you could also use disable any toolbars/browser extensions/plugins (often crap toolbars install for both browsers)

You might try the Adobe 10.1 beta that along with current nvidia drivers, supports GPU acceleration which could take some of the load off of the CPU

http://www.nvidia.com/object/adobe_flashplayer_plus_nvidia.html

Again, given it happens when files are streamed or downloaded (streaming video, etc and downloading files), this is likely at the network layer. Disk seems unlikely at this point.

You can confirm it repros simply if you download a file from the internet, nothing special otherwise?

With an older driver the internet works fine.

But i have to disable/enable network adapter after Windows starts - everytime.

This is why i've installed the latest driver from Realtek.

Edited by Nic303