Upgrade to v3.0.5

xper

When I bypass Proxomitron, the forum slows down significantly. Part of that seems due to the Vibrant ads, which are flash ads for all purposes. There's just more content to load. I didn't know the Vibrant ads were there at all until I bypassed Proxomitron filtering. I thought those were supposed to be gone once you logged in. Maybe I'm wrong.

Somehow the readability of the forum pages has decreased substantially.

It does feel hard on the eyes. I turned down the "blue" on the monitor, which made the page less harsh and easier on the eyes. It dulls some other sites more than I'd like but it'll do until I figure out how to make a Proxomitron filter and site list that accomplishes the same thing.

i having trouble when i tried to select some texts by click-drag on this forum,

this forum get un-responsive for couples seconds to a few minutes, happen only on new forum though, never happen before the upgrade.

so, my temporary workaround is to add www.msfn.org into restricted sites zone.

sure i lost many functionality what the new forum offer, but it makes this forum more browseable.

10-20% of Google search results, produced with "site:msfn.org" in the search string, currently display the default page "http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?" instead of the content one is looking for. By selecting "Cache" the correct page gets displayed.

What has been the impact of the upgrade to v3.0.5 on the visibility (search engine positioning) of msfn.org (Google and Bing)?

10-20% of Google search results, produced with "site:msfn.org" in the search string, currently display the default page "http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?" instead of the content one is looking for. By selecting "Cache" the correct page gets displayed.

What has been the impact of the upgrade to v3.0.5 on the visibility (search engine positioning) of msfn.org (Google and Bing)?

This is because Google needs to reindex the site using the new URL scheme. All the content is still available, but the URLs have changed. So some links are going to be outdated. It is a security feature of IPB where if you type in a URL it does not like, it logs that request (if enabled) and then redirects to the main forum index. You can change this to come up with a "cannot find this link" type page but then you'll still have to click the index to get back to the forum anyways.

Please tell me there is a way to make the forums look like before - this is unreadable and total chaos (at least for me).

Skins and appearance changes are last on the list. Do not worry, they will come but right now we have to focus on the functional parts of the forum.

Please tell me there is a way to make the forums look like before - this is unreadable and total chaos (at least for me).

Skins and appearance changes are last on the list. Do not worry, they will come but right now we have to focus on the functional parts of the forum.

So far it seems to me that xper has made a lot of progress in this area already. Icons and colors are different, obviously, but most of the areas are very similar to the way they were before except for the forum landing. To remove the sidebar from the forum landing, click the boxed X on the right side below the user options dropdown.

post-62992-126685874823_thumb.png

Edited by 5eraph

Just left the forums and went to the home page (msfn.org). It told me to login (although I didn't log out). I clicked "log in", which after a second changed into "Welcome Sp0iLeDBrAt", and again logged me out. Clicked "log in" again and the same thing happened.

Just left the forums and went to the home page (msfn.org). It told me to login (although I didn't log out). I clicked "log in", which after a second changed into "Welcome Sp0iLeDBrAt", and again logged me out. Clicked "log in" again and the same thing happened.

Oh well, i know, i know. Something with user groups setup in CMS.

(Nisam znao da si ti makedonac)