Upgrade to v3.0.5

xper

Please report any issue in here. Thank you.

hello xper

Congratulations on the new look forun, very nice! :thumbup

Let me relate a few things I noticed ...

- Does not show the images in posts (from imageshack.us)

- Is taking a long long time to load pages :boring:

- Error when trying "Rate this topic" -> [# 10,345] You do not have permission to rate this topic.

- Error in "Vote up this topic" -> Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

'll keep browsing, finding something else I report here in this topic

Good work" ;)

BeatZero

Edited by BeatZero

- Does not show the images in posts (from imageshack.us)

- Is taking a long long time to load pages :boring:

- Error when trying "Rate this topic" -> [# 10,345] You do not have permission to rate this topic.

- Error in "Vote up this topic" -> Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I can't speak to showing images from imageshack.us (I'll try to find a thread that has one to test), but as to #2, the DB is indeed slow and is likely to be so for a short while longer. This should be temporary. For #3 and #4, we've actually disabled the rating system here for a long time, and you'll find those options will be gone shortly.

There seems to be a great proliferation of pop-up advertisements that were previously not showing up when logged in, not to mention the "Ad Bot" posts coming up in the threads.

When some pages are loaded, a large black box opens momentarily at the top of the page and then disappears.

(Windows 98 SE, Firefox 2.0.0.20, Flash Player 9.0.124)

IMHO, a white background is hard on the eyes.

I don't suppose it would do any good to say it was better before. :}

We never used pop-ups. As for ad bot, we need to pay server and other things. Thats the way it is or close (im not far from this)the site. I hope that this skin is just temporary.

We never used pop-ups. As for ad bot, we need to pay server and other things. Thats the way it is or close (im not far from this)the site. I hope that this skin is just temporary.

I suppose I'm talking about the same things 5eraph was talking about, the blue highlighted words that if you mouse over them they bring up a "Vibrant" popup. I was not seeing many of them when logged in before the update, but now they're everywhere.

I understand about the cost of maintaining things though.

When I login from the home page (www.msfn.org), before the home page returns, I get the following full screen message:

The MySQL database of the IP.Board 3 installation has encountered the problem

Please try it in a few minutes again. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If I then go to the Forums (after manually going to the home page), it shows that I'm logged in.

I also get the Bing search magnifying glass that LoneCrusader mentions.

[...] or close [...] the site.

If you keep the site up, I'll keep donating. Hopefully others will too. :)

When I login from the home page (www.msfn.org), before the home page returns, I get the following full screen message:

The MySQL database of the IP.Board 3 installation has encountered the problem

Please try it in a few minutes again. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If I then go to the Forums (after manually going to the home page), it shows that I'm logged in.

Yes I know. Can't figure out error. Still trying. Database went crazy after upgrade.

Edited by xper
Edit: