Networking 3 PC over the internet

ideas

hey guys, am trying to networking two computers three computers over the internet, one is the server which has the database and the other two are in two different location which needs access to the server database so they may search and input data into quickbooks. i need help in setting this up, any solutions to this?

what i have:

(home)

one server with quickbooks, already setup as the server with the 2 more user licsence - 1 mb internet

1 wireless G Linksys Router

(the 2 locationes)

two pc with quickbooks setup as client - 1mb internet

Need info on the OSes on each machine also model number of the router.

all three are generic PCs windows Xp pro sp2, built by a store, the router is a linksys wrtg42

Edited by ideas

Your first question should be, how will Quickbooks data be accessible on the internet? There are 2 options I can think of:

1. VPN

2. Web Server

VPN setup is something I know nothing about. But each client could tunnel into the server and have access to the Quickbooks database.

Second option, it appears Quickbooks supports setting up a web site to connect to the database. There is a bunch of infos here:

http://www.qodbc.com/QODBCweb.htm

The only concern with using the web server option is you need to check your ISP's Terms of Service (TOS). All residential service ISP in the United States strictly forbid you to run a web server. You need either a business account or well you could just break the rules and hope you don't get caught. Most important you have no right to complain if they shut off your service in violation of TOS. :rolleyes:

There may be other ways, maybe FTP? I'm not really sure what options are out there for Quickbooks.