need help setting up web-proxy

hi guys,

before i get into my issue i gotta say i live in iran and my country along side with some other 3rd world countries like saudi arabia,sudan,china... have aggressive internet filtering due to their politics or religion, therefore many other anti-censorship group have tried and build many anti-filtering softwares which specifically build for these countries. the problem is like viruse's and hacker's method, there's always a counter, like cockroaches these governments finds the way to even block these applications. they recently started block SSL/VPN connections on certain days and events.

so, i figured i could build my own private proxy for my self and few friends. what came to mind was to buy a host outside of iran (which is possible) and turn that hosting space into my private proxy.of course since they block SSL/HTTPS connections and monitor blank http requests i also need to find a way to code the url's before sending on the wire and then there should be a same algorithm on server to decode the url and vise-versa.

i would really appreciate if anyone could help me with the scripts, knowledge, right link's ... to start with this.

Thanks

• 2 months later...