Kernelex 4.5 Flash 10 install not working (for me)

rockdude

Hi!

I'm new to Kernelex. Just installed it (Version 4.5 Beta 1) on my Compaq Armada 100S (AMD-k6-III Processor, 192mb RAM) I'm using Win98SE. I installed it in C:\Windows

I'm trying to install Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (Adobe Flash Player 10.1.51.66 Beta 2 / 10.0.42.34 / 9.0.246.0)

I downloaded it from: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WEB-...sh-Player.shtml

I tried the suggested:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CurrentVersion"="5.1"

And after that I right click on the flash installer and choose "Windows XP SP2" in compatibility mode (I have tried all the others too)

Then I try to launch the installer, but my system still complains that I have an unsupported operating system. Same thing happens when trying to launch the installer without Kernelex.

I hope I provided enough information. :ph34r:

Cheers!

Edited by rockdude

Hi RD,

perhaps this may not satisfy your needs: But I think there are too many changes in the world at the moment. Having installed MDIECU631_E.EXE (China_Google_update), I also tried what you did and had similar problems to your's, but finally distinstalled KernelEx 4.5, reinstalled the preceding version (KernelEx4.0_final2.exe) and installed the latest version of Flashplayer 10 (newer version than the one I had, latest version available on February 4, 2010).

Having still some problems, I finally distinstalled Java 6.18 and reinstalled Java 5.22. Now I have a very stable system !! But I cannot see some Java applets. ... Tant pis (French, cannot be translated) ! Java 5.22 will still go some time (until automn I believe). So I think I'll have the time to change !

And I am quite sure :-) that the newest version of KernelEx will also evolve until automn !

Rodger

Hi!

I'm new to Kernelex. Just installed it (Version 4.5 Beta 1) on my Compaq Armada 100S (AMD-k6-III Processor, 192mb RAM) I'm using Win98SE. I installed it in C:\Windows

I'm trying to install Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (Adobe Flash Player 10.1.51.66 Beta 2 / 10.0.42.34 / 9.0.246.0)

I downloaded it from: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WEB-...sh-Player.shtml

I tried the suggested:

REGEDIT4

"CurrentVersion"="5.1"

And after that I right click on the flash installer and choose "Windows XP SP2" in compatibility mode (I have tried all the others too)

Then I try to launch the installer, but my system still complains that I have an unsupported operating system. Same thing happens when trying to launch the installer without Kernelex.

I hope I provided enough information. :ph34r:

Cheers!

This version only ActiveX for IE! :no:

• 3 weeks later...

I too failed to install flash 10 with the instructions given on the KernelEx topic.

It seems like using the registry modifications provided is not enough anymore. Actually, Adobe changed their OS checking process, which now looks at the service pack ID...).

I used the following code to install it:

REGEDIT4
"CurrentVersion"="5.1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows]
"CSDVersion"=dword:00000200

And tada! Flash installs smoothly without the annoying "Unsupported OS" message.

(Note : this was tested on KernelEx 4.0 Final 2 with Flash 10 for "other than IE browsers" but should work with 4.5 beta. I don't know about IE Flash 10)

I too failed to install flash 10 with the instructions given on the KernelEx topic.

It seems like using the registry modifications provided is not enough anymore. Actually, Adobe changed their OS checking process, which now looks at the service pack ID...).

I used the following code to install it:

REGEDIT4
"CurrentVersion"="5.1"

??? My reg file not this notes (...\Windows] ), manual add?

P.S. - What's this a stupid? Thx help.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Current User]
"Unknown"=""

• 2 weeks later...

??? My reg file not this notes (...\Windows] ), manual add?

P.S. - What's this a stupid? Thx help.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Current User]

"Unknown"=""

I'm not so sure about what you mean? Can you be clearer please?

...if you don't have those key/folder key, you should add them manually.

Well actually, pasting the code in a .reg file should do the trick but if it doesn't, then add it.

• 2 months later...

hey dudes !

after several tries viewing flash pages on win98 with Firefox 3.6.3 and IE6, the plugins were installed but made Firefox and IE crash when trying to view some flash animation.

Finally, I downloaded Opera 10.10 for win98 and Flash works ! :) Even after rebooting to be sure :)

Flash : 10.0.45.2

KernelEx : 4.5.0.2

I'm new to Opera but that browser saved me from changing of OS :)