Assigned applications

Not sure if there is something i could do about this or not....i have an application which has been assigned to some machines (lets say around 50 PCs) by group policy. When they reboot the app is installed by the system - problem i have is it only installs on a few PCs and then the remainder PCs have to reboot again and then the app is installed. Any reason why this is happening or is this due to the network not being fast enough to copy the app over to the PC locally?

Thanks

Hmm, sometimes it is slow network, but cannot be sure. Would it be possible to run resource monitor on the server overnight. Not sure what OS your servers are or your clients, got any more details.

There is a known SNAFU, Read this article and see if it applies.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278472

Do those events occur in your logs on failed machines ?

Hmm, sometimes it is slow network, but cannot be sure. Would it be possible to run resource monitor on the server overnight. Not sure what OS your servers are or your clients, got any more details.

There is a known SNAFU, Read this article and see if it applies.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278472

Do those events occur in your logs on failed machines ?

None of those events are listed...Im wondering if it is a slow network? Is it normal for this to happen on slow networks? I could have a handful of PCs that it installs on but once the remiander PCs reboot then it installs. At first i thought this could have been a limitation.

Im wondering if it is a slow network? Is it normal for this to happen on slow networks?
Hmm, sometimes it is slow network, but cannot be sure. Would it be possible to run resource monitor on the server overnight.
read closer, I answered this question before you aksed.

Run the resource monitor on your server and report back any spikes in networking around the time when people boot up.

Obviously if it goes to 100% and starts dropping packets left and right you have your answer, I cannot guess if that is the problem, you actually have to test for this if you want proof. Otherwise, report any "Application Management" events in the log of a failed client machine, wasn't sure if you only checked the server-side logs, probably should check it at the client side as well.