Windows 7 cant find HDD

zynthetikk

Hi everybody, im in dire need of help.

Im trying to install Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on my computer.

But when I get to the HDD section it only shows a blank screen with the settings "load drive" etc.

I've tried to load the SATA drives but I dont have a floppy reader.

This is my system.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620/AM3 2.60GHz

RAM: KINGSTON VALUERAM 4GB DDR3 1333 NON-ECC CL9

HDD: WD 500GB SATA2

DVD: NEC DVD+-RW

GFX: Integrated ATI Radeon HD4200

Does any one know how to fix this?

Edited by zynthetikk

Use DISM Tool. You need to mount boot.wim Image # 2 and use the Add-Driver button to integrate your RAID or other boot-critical drivers.

I think most of the other UA programs can do this now, check the stickies in the Unattended Windows 7 section.

You need to specify the path to the INF. You can't just tell DISM what folder it is in or use wildcards.

Also, um why are you using Powershell? Use the PE Tools Command Prompt from the AIK folder in the Start Menu.

Because I used Powershell in DISM Tool. and it is set up to recurse through an entire folder drivers, so he is doing things right.

My guess is he needs to look into the permissions on C:\Mount, or something else is up with his ACL somehow. (based on error in his jpg) Can you try mounting to a different folder other than C:\Mount. or maybe delete and re-create that folder before trying again.

Are there any spaces in your path to your DVD\Sources\Install.wim ??? Some people have trouble when the path has spaces. C:\users\my username\Desktop\My DVD\Sources\Install.wim which causes errors. So I have them move to a path with no spaces.

You need to specify the path to the INF. You can't just tell DISM what folder it is in or use wildcards.

Also, um why are you using Powershell? Use the PE Tools Command Prompt from the AIK folder in the Start Menu.

Actually, Trip - his command is just fine. If you pass the path to a folder, DISM will parse the entire contents of the folder for .inf files. The command itself is fine, however Mr Jinje is probably onto something with the folder containing the image. Assuming it was mounted and is being accessed via the tool, it may be a sharing violation or some other.

To the OP, You might want to try and mount the WIM outside of Mr Jinje's tool and use the DISM commands manually (and using a folder other than C:\Mount is also a potentially good idea) to try and add the drivers.