Server 2008

zipzap

Hope this is the right forum.

Regarding Server 2008 can anyone advise how to install in Virtual Box as comes up with error as Follows. No Bootable Media found.!

Is there some other away around getting it to boot as Server 2003 works fine in Virtual box along with Ubuntu etc.

I need to have it operating in Virtual Box.

Thanks for any reply.

I'm assuming the ISO you have works fine in other VMs (you've tested), but not Virtual Box, correct? Also, I've only really ever seen this when someone takes a VHD with a Windows OS already installed from, say, Virtual PC or Hyper-V, and tries to get it to boot in Virtual Box (it won't until you uninstall the additions in those cases).

Thanks for reply. I havent tried in in other VMs only V Box. Original DVD will boot normally when testing . But wont boot when using V Box

I made ISO file from it and also fails to boot. Im a bit unsure about those additions can you advise what be the best way to acheive it as Server 2003 booted from original Disc and image. I read about Hyper V etc but thought there must be a easier way.

It is possible to take a VHD created in Virtual PC 2007 and open it in Virtual Box. I've done it with XP Pro SP3 as the client OS and Server 2003 as the host. I don't remember if I had to do anything special to get it to work tho. I know that Virtual Box does have an import option however.