Can I save config.js in UTF8?

The probleme is wider than you imagine

If config.js is created manually as i do since version 3 and saved in UTF-8 mode it's OK (no complaints) untill this moment you open WPI Configuration and do saving, config.js is saved to ANSI as UTF-8 (Version7.1) and you cannot use the file. There is no Version 7.2 on my computer.

In the case with version7.3, you cannot open config.js if you have converted it to UTF-8, WPI complains that is old configuration 7.2 and converts config.js to ANSI as UTF-8 and you cannot read (only one character you can read that is "C").

The problem for me is that English, Russian, Polish, Spanish, German are foreign languages for me, but I know Russian the best among them - even keybord I have is trilingual (Lithuanian characters (with diacritic signs) are situated on Number keys). I must configure my system to Russian for nonunicoded files to read them. We have only 9 additional characters, so I can read and understand my native language nonunicoded documents.

This problem is not so complicated for me, but, please, imagine, Clown is Georgian (Sakartvelo) and knows Russian well. There would be two languages that had no Latin characters.

Edited by stasys44

From oszone forum regarding Russian language:

In the file WPI.hta after the code:

<title>Windows Post-Install Wizard</title>

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="MSThemeCompatible" content="yes">

you should add code:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1251" />

config.js is saved in ANSI, it can be read in notepad++, WPI configurator

My note: It should be set to Russian (Cyrrilic) for nonunicode documents in Regional Settings

what georgian charset I do not know

• 1 month later...

Ok. I got the solution for you. You need to open notepad. Copy your JS there and then save as example myjs.js before you click save click utf-8 on options. Youll se it its right there. After that you can have external js file work fully with Russian/ Georgian lettering with all other UTF-8 languages.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful!

New Beta version supports UTF-16 (UCS2-Little Endian)

You (I, he, she, they) can convert (for exemple, by Notepad ++ means)file config.js, created manually in UTF-8 format, to UCS-2 Little Endian format and USE and CONFIGURE in WPI. The program tooltip can be written in many languages (I have probed English, Lithuanian, Russian, Arabian in one tooltip, I am sorry my computer does not support Georgian).

Now I am translating my lang file

Edited by stasys44